Is V5 a genesis character?

barrieMbarrieM Posts: 282

I loaded V5 into Carrara and noticed the name "Genesis" under "Victoria 5" in the instances tab. I need to know which add on items I should purchase. Genesis 1? Genesis 2 etc? V5? I am confused. I think I understand that Genesis is a character that can morph into almost anything. Is V5 a morphed Genesis character? 

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Yes, Victoria 5 is a morph from the Base Female Geneeis figure

• barrieMbarrieM Posts: 282

Thank you. What is Genesis 2 and Genesis 3. Are they seperate entities or are the all compatible with genesis products in the Daz shop?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 are different bases. G1 is a single figure, G2 and G3 have separate Male and Female figures

All "5" characters are for Genesis, "6" characters are for G2M/G2F, "7" characters are for G3M/G3F.

Add-ons are made for a specific Genesis version, though there are tools to convert add-ons between versions.

Thank you. Under the V5 instances tab, I see "Genesis". I assume this is Genesis 1?  Will other generations be identified in the Instances tab as "Genesis 2" and "Genesis 3" 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Yes and yes

Thank you. Now I understand.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

Unless things have changed Genesis 3 does not work in Carrara. It uses a new rigging system that when I last checked was only supported in Daz Studio. Some people have developed methods to get Genesis 3 to partly work in Poser, I don't know if this has been done for Carrara.

Genesis and Genesis 2 are supported in Carrara.

Peter. You don't know how grateful I am. I recieved your Carrara message just as I was trying to get G3 to work in Carrara. Thank you very much, you saved me a hell of a lot of time. I want to get some poses that require G3. Do you know if they can be tweaked in G2?

I've never tried using G3 poses on G2 so I don't know how compatible they would be. I know that G3 has extra bones in the face but I think these are only used for expressions, G1 and G2 use morphs for expressions.

Thanks. If I find a cheap G5 pose I'll try it on a G2.

I think Daz allow you to return items within 30 days. If you do this they'll probably give you the refund as store credit which is OK if you intend to keep buying stuff from here.

Thanks again. I didn't think Daz would allow returns.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Daz is very proud of their guaranteed 30 day refund system.  You can have the refund as store credit, which is default, or if you request it you can have it returned to whichever you paid in, CC or PayPal. You do have to rrequest that though.

Is there a formal route for refunds, or do I just request it by email?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    barrieM said:

Is there a formal route for refunds, or do I just request it by email?

Click the Contact Us button found at the bottom of every page on the website.

Contact Us/Submit a Help ticket/                  

Thank you.