editing DSON User Files (DUF)

allanonallanon Posts: 53
edited May 2017 in New Users

Occasionally I DL an item  from the net that contains a cal to a file in a directory that does not exist on my computer.  Invariably the reason is because the unfound folder is on the creator's computer. There is a very simple fix for this situation: open the file in a text editor and edit the call so that the file is directed to a folder on my computer. However, this simple task cannot be done with a DUF file. Opening it in a text editor yields a screen full of jibberish. I believe the reason for this has less to do with the type of file than with the file being compressed at time of creationt. I've searched for a file decompression utility but have yet to find one. Can anyone recommend a utility that can be used to allow DUF files to be read in a text editor?

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Any archiver should be able to uncompress .duf files. Just right-click on the file, use "open with" and specify your archiver. Once open in the archiver, select the file and extract it and you should be able to read it in any text editor. (you'll need to give it a file extension).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

You can also use the Batch Convert pane in DS - Window>Panes(Tabs)>Batch Convert.

• allanonallanon Posts: 53

Thank you both for the good information. My 7zip worked fine as did the batch conversion utiility; now I have a couple of ways to roll. :O)