Windows 8 and Daz Software

ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Do Daz Studio 3, Carrara 8 and Bryce 7 work in windows 8?

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited February 2013

Choppski said:

Very likely. I can't prove it but I've had nothing that worked under Win7 that doesn't work under Win8. Once you get past the obtuse tablet style interface that now serves as your "START" menu and get to the "Desktop" it's pretty much the same as Win7.

The main difficulty I've had with Win8 is finding administrator type tools like the Control Panel, "WindowsUpdate", "Printers", "Computer" and quick easy access to my personal folders, because you don't have the pop-up START menu with those things on it. However, once you find them with the "Search" option and either put them on the START Page or as an icon on your Desktop you won't panic as much.

But basically Win8 program behavior is almost identical to Win7 program behavior but without the "START" menu on the Desktop.

In other words, under the hood, Win8 is basically the same as Win7.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441
    edited December 1969

Choppski said:

Very likely. I can't prove it but I've had nothing that worked under Win7 that doesn't work under Win8. Once you get past the obtuse tablet style interface that now serves as your "START" menu and get to the "Desktop" it's pretty much the same as Win7.

The main difficulty I've had with Win8 is finding administrator type tools like the Control Panel, "WindowsUpdate", "Printers", "Computer" and quick easy access to my personal folders, because you don't have the pop-up START menu with those things on it. However, once you find them with the "Search" option and either put them on the START Page or as an icon on your Desktop you won't panic as much.

But basically Win8 program behavior is almost identical to Win7 program behavior but without the "START" menu on the Desktop.

In other words, under the hood, Win8 is basically the same as Win7.

Ok thanks. I don't have Win 8 yet, but it suddenly occurred to me that these programs might not work if win 8 was somehow radically different and it seems that many new computers are only offering win 8, so I thought I would check. I thought I had read that it is essentially the same, just made for tablet use and touch screens, so NOT like the major differences between win 98 and Xp or XP and Vista/Win 7.

• rubidiumrubidium Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Hello
    Carrara 8 and Daz Studio 4.5 work under windows8. Bryce 7 (the last version) also works. I have not tested the Carrara beta.
    Best regards

Ramon

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited February 2013

Works fine with Windows 8 home premium 64.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see you asked for studio 3. I don't know if that version runs fine in Win 8.

Post edited by Erdehel on