kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited August 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

smiley

Post edited by kitakoredaz on

Comments

• mikael-aronssonmikael-aronsson Posts: 546
    edited May 2017

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4370

Does not make any difference 7 vs 10, might be just rubbish or if 7 have this on by default possibly.

But MS mess around a lot with the drivers on Windows 10, so it is possible W7 has "better" performmance relative to W10.

Post edited by mikael-aronsson on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

http://blog.irayrender.com/post/157353002021/maxwell-gpuswindows-10-performance-improvement

Then, about daz studio, set this option "ON", in Nvidia controll panel,  Maxwell GPU user get  better pefromance with windows 10 (up-dated) ? 

and this documents said, "finally brings the performance of Windows 10 on Maxwell on par with Windows 7" 

that means windows 10  have been worse about perfomance for iray than windows 7, then now it is  almost equal about pefomance?  

Thanks for the heads up on this.  will try it out later

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2017

smiley

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I only did one test so far and I dont think the scene I used was any different.  I think we need a better explanation from Nvidia as to what its really suppose to do for us who are using Win10.

As for ENB Series for Skyrim and other games, the dev who made ENB has stated he does not like Win10 and does not want to make ENB for Win10.  I hope he changes his mind because I miss how things use to look for me in Skyrim using ENB with WinXP.  It caused a lag in my game on my Radeon 5870 card and I was soo looking forward to having it perform flawlessly with my two 980TIs.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2017

Thanks Mattyangel