Looking to finally update to 4.5. Have some questions.

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited February 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Been out of the loop for a while, and now that I'm noticing that there's finally an install manager I'm looking to make the change and finally sort through all of my content. So far I've seen that along with 4.5 you also need to redo Genesis Starter Essentials.

Is the new install manager stable enough for me to just wipe everything and start from scratch and have it download/install my content for me?

Do I need to individually uninstall each piece of installed content, gear, plugins, etc one by one or can I just delete the whole shebang once I uninstall DS 4.0?

Lastly, I don't remember of the CM was a separate installer or not. Does that uninstall/reinstall along with DS or no?

/edit
Some possible necessary info- nothing is in default locations, I self manage all install locations. I hate smart data so I'm not worried about that. I always use the folder tree method.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Not all content has yet been updated to work with the DIM, though most items for Victoria 4 and newer have been. Things like shaders, plugins, and Bryce and Carrara content are not yet handled by the DIM at all. Other than that it seems to be working pretty well, for DAZ content.

If you have only DAZ content in your directory you can just delete it (or simply unhook it from DS as a content directory, space permitting). If you have freebie content or content from other stores then you would need to uninstall the individual files for the DAZ content to keep the other items in place - the moved library/user files would not be removed, but the geometries and textures would be and those are the things where duplicates could be an issue. If you then move the files after DIM has installed them it won't be able to uninstall them for updates, but it will be able tot rack the product for updates at least to let you know when one is ready.

The Content Manager is installed with DS, though uninstalling it is separate.