Humanoids

I am not the worse with humanaoid modeling in fact I am quite good (if anyone seen my humble beginnings it seems impossible to be true) but messing around in daz with models and such I realize that you have to be rather good to be able to create such a well define default model. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for creating female and or male models with repeatable results? As in to an extent all models female or male have a base form that you can work out from what is the best way to go about making a base form that is to an extent easily repeatable? I usually have issues with the gluteous maximus. I never can quite make the butt a butt to start with and by the time I get a butt that looks like one they end up with an ass that has a gravitational pull which leads to more work trying to getting it down to a normal average arse which in reality shouldn't happen. Figured since there were pros out there that created the models for Daz or other general well defined models they would be willing to share some tips. 

(You may be curious as to why I ask here instead of elsewhere. Nostalgia and you guys seem like alright people. Also someone seriously get spell check for here I truly suck at keeping up with my thoughts and typing I know there will be some jumbled up words but I will not notice. I can english quite good I promise lol.)

Comments

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited May 2017

I guess I could give an example. In this one you can see two default ones I made and saved away for another day (one is an updated version etc. ) however notice the butt. Is there a way to make an easily malleable butt. My method for modeling humanoid bodies is to start at the legs I hear that is a good method but not many do it that way, it seems to work best for me.   

The image thing is not working for me. I will try another format or something brb.  
    Yep JPEG is about the only answer for this site. 

Post edited by Malus on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

You might want to put a bikini or something on her to cover the questionable areas before the Mods edit your post for you.  You may be skirting the TOS regarding nudity a little too close.

**I upload .png files here all the time with no issues

edited May 2017
    JamesJAB said:

You might want to put a bikini or something on her to cover the questionable areas before the Mods edit your post for you.  You may be skirting the TOS regarding nudity a little too close.

**I upload .png files here all the time with no issues

Really I do not see any nudity but then again I see it as a 3D model and me covering the buttocks up would in fact just screw up the entire point. To me genitals are nudity and none of my models have nips, or reproductive organs, the above if you wish to play the semantics game is 0's and 1's, if you wish to take it into humanoid area it is an area where to joints meet to make a pit of sorts. So thigh pit. Is it because it is of a color that resembles flesh because that is racist and bigoted lol. I could play the loophole game all day. 

For me with PNG I sat there for 5 literal minutes waiting for it to work, with JPEG it worked instantly. 

Post edited by Malus on

So that is it eh? I ask for advice and all that happens is I get a warning to put a bikini on it. Which would render the entire thing useless since I am seeking details for a buttock.I mean I would presume the details is what is needed for those who make humanoids and wish to do a critique and help me out albeit wire frame may be the route to go instead. I honestly do not know. I have been ripping other models I found apart and studying them but nothing really gives me the detail I want. Maybe I am doing it right or not. Not sure. Though the ripping models apart thing may come in handy for others. Here you go if anyone skims by it and wants it. 

full .jpg
    1280 x 1500 - 942K
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Sometimes getting a response has to do with the title you use on the thread and where you place the thread.  The title may not attract enough interest if not a good, short descriptive to pique interest to look at it.  The Tech Help forum may also not get as much traffic as other forums and in conjunction with a title that may not engender curiosity (not saying that's the problem with yours) may not get the responses you hope for.

The picture you posted is fine as it has no textures.  This is appropriate since it is the modeling, in particular as I understand it, is your focus.

Clickbait got it... Boobs, curves, and so on that should work next time lol. Also still can work your way around textures as well albeit I am loophole finder, or as others put it a smart ass lol. For example, textures are just images, images are just 1s and 0s, hence they are nothing but binary computer language hence not nudity. See. lol. 
    Then there is the whole biases, opinions vs facts etc when it comes to the loophole for an alternative if not several.