How to make a body part "follow"

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I know this function exits but I can't find it and can't remember where I saw it. I'm trying to have a characters head follow another character as it moves. Not in an animation way. I just know it's a good posing short cut so i don't have to keep turning the head left and right to follow what is happening in the scene. Can anyone give me a nudge in the direction of the right menu?

Comments

• LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    You might be thinking of the Point At option. It's on the Parameters tab under General, then Misc. I found it works okay on Gen 3 Female for the eyes, but awful for the entire head. Fiddling with the joints seems to have some effect on that, but tweaking that to perfection seems like a lot of work. Normally, I have a camera set up to work as a POV for the character and pose the head and neck like normal.
  • DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Yeah I see what you mean. Thanks for the response. It's not that hard to do manually, just looking for a short cut.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Plus, having the head 'point at' whatever they're looking at will mean that the eyes will point straight ahead, which is not very visually interesting anyway.