CAD 3D ski design possible in DAZ ?

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi again, I'm looking for ways to do some design work on a conventional snow ski using Daz, but have little idea if it's possible and how and where to start. I've looked at a couple of sites offering 3d CAD programmes for snowboards to download but nothing for skis.

Much appreciate any help and advice on this, also I've never used CAD before....

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio is not a CAD package of any kind. It is used to pose and render premade 3d models arranged as Scenes. Still images, and animations can also be produced.

CAD, is Computer Aided Design, and there are many programs that fall into that category, from the highly expensive, all the way down to free. You best bet is to Google CAD Programs, and see what turns up.

I’ve looked at a couple of sites offering 3d CAD programmes for snowboards to download but nothing for skis.

I don' think you are going to find a CAD program just for designing Skis, the whole idea of CAD, is that it can be used to design anything, Cars, Planes, Machinery, Buildings etc etc etc. If I were you, I would have a look at the snowboard one first, since it will at leqast show you how to draw curves.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for such a quick reply as I was completely in the dark !!

Will do.... :-)