Fit Control Question (should be easy)

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

When using a G3 Character that is wearing G2 clothes..would one use fit control for G3 or G2? Or doesn't it matter?

Comments

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

These tools match the character, not the clothes. I'm not even sure the G3 Fit Control will have any function with G2, and vice versa. I seem to recall you either get an error message, or nothing happens.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I'm not even sure the G3 Fit Control will have any function with G2, and vice versa

When you say G2 do you mean G2 Characters or it won't affect G2 clothing?

If I'm getting this right, I need to have G3M Fit Control if I want to use Fit Control to alter the G2M clothing my G3M character is wearing? 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,055

You need Fit control for G3M to adjust clothes used on G3M, even if those clothes were originally made for G2M.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Gotcha Gotcha! Thank you for the help. It's a $15 difference in price and I wanted to be sure before purchasing.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440
    Tobor said:

These tools match the character, not the clothes. I'm not even sure the G3 Fit Control will have any function with G2, and vice versa. I seem to recall you either get an error message, or nothing happens.

It shouldn't work at all. Here's how Fit Control works: When you install, it adds a bunch of hidden morphs to the figure. When you run the script, it transfers those morphs to all the clothing the figure is wearing and makes them visible. Thus, it can only work on the figure it was designed for.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Fit Control is good for making adjustments to clothing that autofit kind of messes up due to how the clothing was rigged.  Something rigged for G2 isn't going to work quite as well for G3.  It is definitely a useful tool that I wouldn't go without.  However, it is also helpful to make sure you have the clones needed to autofit the clothing to your figure in the best way possible before you start working with Fit Control.  So, make sure you have a clone of your G2 figure for G3.  It just makes autofit work much better.  Wear Them All is a good example of a program designed to do this.  Somewhere, I remember seeing a thread on how to make your own clones but I don't remember where I saw that.  Using the two programs together will get you a much better fitting article of clothing.  Think of Wear Them All as the initial fitting and Fit Control as the item you want to use to fine tune the fit.

• AreynaAreyna Posts: 24

Quick answer to question: yes. You need Fit Control for the figure you are adding clothing too, regardless what generation the clothing is. 

So, if you are clothing G3F, you would use Fit Control for G3F. You would highlight G3F, and then find the icon for Fit Control for G3F and click on it (I get to it in Content Library, going through Products -> F -> Fit Control). A script runs and then tells you when it's finished. Then you can go to the Parameters tab for the clothing you need to adjust (doesn't matter what the clothing is). And the morphs will be there (with the other "adjustments" and "movement" morphs). (Note: if you add another piece of clothing, you will need to run the script again).

Also, I agree with Knittingmommy. I suggest using Wear Them All first. Then you can use Fit Control to make subtle adjustments. I don't think I've done a render yet where I haven't used Fit Control. It's just that useful.