Anyone use Toon figures for animation?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

I have a project where figures like these could be handy. Has anyone used them for animation? Do aniblocks work with them? What about lip sync for dialogue? Do they have phonemes?  Thanks.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited May 2017
    Deke said:

I have a project where figures like these could be handy. Has anyone used them for animation? Do aniblocks work with them? What about lip sync for dialogue? Do they have phonemes?  Thanks.

Oh, just go to YouTube and search for DAZ 3D animation and you will see a long list of animations. Most however are for varients of Victoria 4 / Michael 4 / Genesis / Genesis 2 Female / Genesis 2 Male.

Aniblocks do not work with Genesis 3 Female or Genesis 3 Male.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

Thanks. Found this tutorial which does say that aniblocks work with G3 figures.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Deke said:

Thanks. Found this tutorial which does say that aniblocks work with G3 figures.

Oh yes, there have been some new Aniblock products created for Genesis 3, however, most of the Aniblocks in the DAZ Store will not work with Genesis 3 characters, eg I think still none of the GoFigure aniblocks will work with Genesis 3 unless they've made changes they've told no one about.

The old GoFigure aniblock sort of brokenly work with Genesis 3 but you'd have to make a lot of adjustments. 

And finally in the freebies section of the forum is a thread with script that will mostly fix the broken GoFigure aniblocks for you. Search for posts from a user that has the word "zazz" in their user name.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

If the toon figures are V4/M4 or genesis 1 and 2 based the aniblocks can work ... if the toons are independent figures the aniblocks probably will not work. Similar for the voice sync. Animation can work well with them. Puppetteer can be useful in conjunction with poses for making your own animations.