M4 morphs dont' load

I just installed Michael 4 and all its extra's such as its Morphs++. But when I try loading the Injection morphs, nothing happens - not in Poser and not in Carrara. Can somebody please help me. I need to use this for a forensic illustration for a national newspaper!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

did you instally the morphs++ in the same runtime as your M4 base figure?   and did you initialise them?  (run the .bat file       DzCeateExPFiles-M4)

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 302

Chohole a- loyal helper as always - thank you! Yes I installed them all in the same Runtime - the injection thmbnails even show, but load nothing when I click it.

I initialized it too. But how do I run the batch file? I assume it is inside the MORPHS++ install folder.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2017

I just ran a seach for it in the runtime where I have my gen 4 and all the add ons installed.  Seems it's in  Runtime\libraries

In Poser, once you have initialised them  once you clickl to inject them it should add extra dials in your parameters.

Post edited by Chohole on

I'll check itout, thanks

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Wish I could be more help.  It works for me.  This is how mine is installed.  I used DIM to install all of my M4 content to the main Studio runtime location.  By default, it is named My Daz3D Libary Runtime.  Mine has the creative custom name "Stuff for Studio Runtime," but it is still my default Studio runtime folder.  I added that Studio Runtime folder to my Carrara objects browser as per normal (upper right gear icon in the object browser).  In a new scene, I load M4 from the Daz People subfolder from the figure folder, which corresponds to Poser Runtime Character folder.  I go to the poses subfolder to find the inj morphs under the Daz's Michael4 subfolder of the Poses folder.  In my scene, I select the M4 figure and double click the inj pose morphs that I want to load.

I did it once and then saved to a Carrara objects browser folder and load natively in Carrara everafter.

Hope it is helpful to you, but I am just loading default from the DIM installation location.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

Yeah... I don't think I had to initialize anything on this computer when I installed all of my stuff. DIM just took care of everything for me.

In Carrara 8.5:

• Select Michael 4
    • Double-click the INJ file you wish to install
    • Wait for the INJ file to attach to the figure - often takes a few seconds or less

With Michael 4 still selected, open the "Parameters" tab. The Morphs INJected should appear (and work) in this tab. Morphs may also be searched and sorted in this tab using the tools on the top of the tab.

Thanks all for your valuable input. I don't think I used the DIM yet - I thought it was strictly for the Daz's Genesis figures.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited May 2017

Daz Install Manager - Installing Custom Poser Runtimes
    Basic walkthrough of designing your own custom runtime structure

Post edited by Dartanbeck on