Need help saving a piece of clothing - solved

harlequin-3dharlequin-3d Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I have a pair of boots that I want to save and use on a different character.
When I save them to the browser (drag and drop) its seems to save fine. But when I drag them to a new character it doesn't parent them correctly and they don't fit at all.

Is there a different way to save clothing items?

Would I be better of just saving the shader changes I made to the boots, since that is all I really want anyway? If so how do you go about saving a shader?

Thanks

Post edited by harlequin-3d on

Comments

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

you may need to "fit " the item again.

In the right panel there should be an tab "animation group" - option "Fit To"
    The drop down box should show the character/s youn have loaded in the scene .
    choose one and apply.

see if that helps.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    edited February 2013

Yeah... just conform (fit to) again to the new character - unless they're props?
    Anyways, I do both. I have a quite a collection of shaders because of that. Did you know that, if you drag the multi-colored ball above the shader tree, into the browser it'll save the whole set? ;)

EDIT:
    About the boots,
    drag them back into the scene, rather than selecting the character and double-clicking the file from the browser. Once they load, then you'll need to fit them to the new character, unless it's the same character that was wearing them before. I often find items automatically fitting to Rosie Character as soon as they load, because she was the figure the item was conformed to when I saved it to the browser. :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • harlequin-3dharlequin-3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yup "Fit to" took care of it.
    Figured it was something basic I was missing.

Thanks again

edited December 1969

007 knows all! :coolhmm:

• harlequin-3dharlequin-3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That tip on how to save the whole shader tree will be helpful too. I didn't know about that.

edited December 1969

The more you play around with saving to this browser, and trying different aspect of Carrara, the more it becomes a very good extension of life!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

The more you play around with saving to this browser, and trying different aspect of Carrara, the more it becomes a very good extension of life!

you' re right about that ! Ive only realised it in the past 6 months or so.
    Now everything gets dragged to the browser .

Eg I have about 20 V4's fully dressed and ready to hit the town. Dragging her back into the scene tray she loads real fast. saving a lot of hassle without going to the the content library.
    By the way great idea Dart to add "Carrara render" to your images.I get irritated looking at images and not knowing if created in Studio or C - -did you make the badge ?
    Also thanks for the tip on saving the shader.

007 bows to Dartenbeck who knows everything !!!. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

Man, I have a browser folder for:
    Okay this is just for my Rosie Character -
    Clothing (General)
    Tops
    Pants
    Dresses
    Accessories
    Full Costumes
    Props and Effects
    Vehicles

Rosie's busy, though. She needs a special catalog just for her.

SC_RT_Needle.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 467K