Glow around character?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was wondering if there's a way in Daz to put a glow on a character, to represent being hit by some kind of energy discharge or something? Thanks.

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

khobar95 said:
    I was wondering if there's a way in Daz to put a glow on a character, to represent being hit by some kind of energy discharge or something? Thanks.

you mean like a body hugging Aura? or something like this

Solar_Flare.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 770K
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick reply!

A body-hugging aura is what I'm looking for.

I'm using the alien-energy-platform from 3DC which is similar to your energy ball example and want to do something with the character inside as if they've been zapped or something.

edited December 1969

khobar95 said:
    Thanks for the quick reply!

A body-hugging aura is what I'm looking for.

I'm using the alien-energy-platform from 3DC which is similar to your energy ball example and want to do something with the character inside as if they've been zapped or something.

well if you have the latest version of studio you with the character selected you can create a Geometry shell and set the mesh offset so its slightly bigger than the character, then apply the effect you need..

Note: Geometry shell is under the Create drop down menu up at the top.

glow.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 79K
    edited December 1969

alternatively if you have the supersuit (or any fullbody suit, I think I've seen one at either shareCG or Renderosity)
    you can use one of them as the aura base.. like so..

zapped.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 132K
  • edited February 2013

I don't have the Supersuit. :(

Thank you for the info. I have created the new geometry shell and also the mesh offset. Since my character is clothed I created a geometry shell for each item and am experimenting. I wonder, though, if there's a way to reduce the hard edge on the shell? I tried changing opacity but that's not really doing what I'm wanting. Would like more glow.

glow_test1.jpg
    1010 x 882 - 41K
    Post edited by khobar95_aca528e7cf on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Ambiance is the channel that will make it glow. Applying an Uber Area Light will make it emit light. Neither of those replaces the other.

• edited December 1969

I added what you suggested - looks promising but I have to wait for the rendering to complete.

In the meantime thank you for the help!