DIM installed but i think i boo booed RESOLVED with thanks

hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in New Users

items downloaded to a new DAZ but i clicked on 5 files in the installed tag thinking i was in ready to install and they disappeared!?!? what do i do to get them back please.

Post edited by hermana5 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Try checking off Display Hidden next to the filter button. Are you sure they didn't install. Check you installed tab and see if they are in there.

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Frank0314 said:
    Try checking off Display Hidden next to the filter button. Are you sure they didn't install. Check you installed tab and see if they are in there.

Definately did not install......tried checking off display hidden ....no where to be seen ..... they must have installed immediately as they were in the installed tab.....but i have checked and they are not on the laptop. (i have also got dim on other computer and they are all in there....because i never clicked on the files in the installed tab lol.
    I have managed to get 2 items to reinstall by using the filters for other programs but i am missing 3 puppeteer files.

i also reset my downloads for these items thinking they would just go back to the DIM ready to download but they didn´t....confused more now .

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

On the "Ready to Install" tab in DIM there is a "Delete installer once installed" check box at the bottom of the screen. My guess that option was enabled and the installers were deleted upon install. Maybe you can recover them from the "Recycle Bin"?

edited February 2013

Hi, i checked the recycle bin and nothing there (this is a brand new laptop) i also did a search and the 3 puppeteer folders are missing, so i think i did uninstall and they have not reappeared in my downloads via DIM ....i know i can connect to my other computer and get them that way if need be......just thought it would be possible to redownload.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited February 2013

I'm still in the downloading phase, but I did install one product (and made sure the delete installer was not checked) which moved it from the Ready to Install tab to the Installed tab. I uninstalled it and it moved from the product back to the Ready to Install tab so I can reinstall it.

So, I did a test and moved a product .zip and .dsx file out of the target download folder and discovered that if you can copy the pair of files (.zip and .dsx) for the missing products from your other computer back into your target DIM download folder and hit the refresh button, the product will reappear in your Ready to Install tab.

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Lindsey i have managed to do what you said with 2 of them, have to go out now and retry later, haven´t actually tested but it does show in the downloads ready to install BRILLIANT work my friend! so only one missing now

edited December 1969

Thankyou Lindsey i have just re installed the lost files and they are now installed and working and i am loving DIM once more, although i do think on the installed tab instead of having start queue button it should state UNINSTALL ;) as to why the files disappeared from the computer i have no idea i have scanned it and they had definately vanished! case now resolved.