Serum's Products and Friends (well hopefully) [Commercial]

SerumSerum Posts: 256
edited May 2017 in The Commons

Hey fine folks of the interwebs 

A couple people have suggested to me that i should have a single thread where i post my products and for my friends to chat with me.

Not my friend yet? thats okay i welcome you.

Someone once told me for someone to give you a piece of them you have to make the first move and give a piece of yourself first.

So here goes.

Hi I am Serum (Jay to the people who like to call me friend) I am  UK based photographer and Daz PA.

I am a long time Aspergers syndrome 'sufferer' though i dont like to think that i suffer for the most part as its more a gift than anything else.

I am highly creative, introverted, a dreamer and shy (so me trying to have a presence on a forum is actually quite difficult but ill get through it) 

I was brought into daz by my best friend who still gives me support for my endeavours.

I am not rich haha well maybe in life but certainly not in money.

Here are a list of my products I have released so far in order of release i welcome you to check them out.

The laundromat https://www.daz3d.com/the-laundromat

Low Poly Trees https://www.daz3d.com/low-poly-trees

Jays Diner https://www.daz3d.com/jay-s-diner

Muscle Car https://www.daz3d.com/muscle-car

Old Chapel https://www.daz3d.com/old-chapel

Helper Bot https://www.daz3d.com/helper-bot

S6000 Superbike https://www.daz3d.com/s6000-superbike

I am interested to hear about you and what your life in Daz is. it may seem like this is just a sales pitch and i dont deny that i think its awesome everyone buys something of mine but I am more interested in actually building friendships because the daz community is great and ive wanted to try and be a part of it for a while so yay me for trying.

Thats enough about me tell me about you smiley

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 940K
helper bot outside2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
full.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 974K
Old Chapel-1.jpg
615 x 800 - 530K
chase b.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
fr1.jpg
1429 x 690 - 781K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Welcome!

Your muscle car is pretty sweet, even if the steering wheel is on the wrong side for us Americans... I'm guessing it's a British/Aussie model?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Hi Serum (waves to Serum!). Some great looking products, keep up the great work!

• Welcome Jay; I have an acquaintance in Australia that has Asperger's and he's quite a talented fellow (he holds an Advanced class Amateur Radio license, which requires quite a lot of technical knowledge). He's very much the same when it comes to being on forums, too; he far prefers communication via email mailing liats to visiting forums, but sometimes forums and social media are the only option you have to communicate with people. I will look at your products and may buy one or two at some point.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Hi Serum/Jay! Glad to see you've started your own thread. We can be neighbors! Love your work and look forward to seeing what you come up with next! 

As you know, I have a grown son with Asperberger's. I'm pretty ADD myself and love anything creative and/or technical. I love to troubleshoot and experiment with stuff. I'm a published author who I recently left the not-so-exciting world of I.T. and am getting ready to embark in a new endeavor- graphic design for other writers, mainly doing book covers and promos using a combination of 3D and 2D art. It's exciting but terrifying, and certainly more fun with the support of friends here. 

Kim aka Llynara

• SerumSerum Posts: 256

Welcome!

Your muscle car is pretty sweet, even if the steering wheel is on the wrong side for us Americans... I'm guessing it's a British/Aussie model?

Its pretty easy to swap it over you just go into scale and set it to -100%

Hi Serum (waves to Serum!). Some great looking products, keep up the great work!

Waves right back :)

Welcome Jay; I have an acquaintance in Australia that has Asperger's and he's quite a talented fellow (he holds an Advanced class Amateur Radio license, which requires quite a lot of technical knowledge). He's very much the same when it comes to being on forums, too; he far prefers communication via email mailing liats to visiting forums, but sometimes forums and social media are the only option you have to communicate with people. I will look at your products and may buy one or two at some point.

Yeh i dont see it as a negative for the most part. Dont get me wrong its not all roses but i try to concentrate on the positive aspects of it
    edited May 2017
    Llynara said:

Hi Serum/Jay! Glad to see you've started your own thread. We can be neighbors! Love your work and look forward to seeing what you come up with next! 

As you know, I have a grown son with Asperberger's. I'm pretty ADD myself and love anything creative and/or technical. I love to troubleshoot and experiment with stuff. I'm a published author who I recently left the not-so-exciting world of I.T. and am getting ready to embark in a new endeavor- graphic design for other writers, mainly doing book covers and promos using a combination of 3D and 2D art. It's exciting but terrifying, and certainly more fun with the support of friends here. 

Kim aka Llynara

I find the terrifying things are often the most rewarding :) Glad to have you here :)

Hope you are well :)

Post edited by Serum on

Soooo my new friends here :)

This is what I am working on right now it is my first character and typical me I wanted to do something different and seeing a lack of porcelain models in the store i sourced myself a real model with porcelain skin to photograph for textures to create a new figure with. 

Now bear in mind this is a work in progress but i thought i would share that progress with you and see what you think?

hazel main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 905K
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Hi Jay. I'm just across the water from you in Ireland. I also have a son with Asperger's :) You're doing some really nice work and I look forward to following your works in progress here. 

Redz said:

Hi Jay. I'm just across the water from you in Ireland. I also have a son with Asperger's :) You're doing some really nice work and I look forward to following your works in progress here. 

Thank you and welcome. i was late to the party diagnosis wise and while theres very little that can be done to help it was good to have answers to things all my life

Redz said:

So was your son diagnosed or are you in the process of getting a diagnosis?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited May 2017

Hi Jay welcome to the forums!  Love your stuff and I am glad to get to know you! 

Your new model looks lovely, I really like that she has a distinctive face, I really like her wider lips.  She looks like she will make a stunning red head or a beautiful black haired lass.

I've been around about a year and a half, the people here are super nice, I know I have made some very good friends here.  This is one of the most welcoming communities out there. 

I look forward to getting to know you better and look forward to seeing your new model progress.

Oh and I am Sonja, or Dragon I answer to both lol.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited May 2017
    Serum said:

Welcome!

Oooo, a new trick I didn't know before!  Thanks!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Welcome, Serum!

You are off to a fine start - your diner and launderette are on my list!  Ah, I just saw the prelim on the new character - I will have to get her, with that distinctive face and skin!

• Serum said:

Welcome Jay; I have an acquaintance in Australia that has Asperger's and he's quite a talented fellow (he holds an Advanced class Amateur Radio license, which requires quite a lot of technical knowledge). He's very much the same when it comes to being on forums, too; he far prefers communication via email mailing liats to visiting forums, but sometimes forums and social media are the only option you have to communicate with people. I will look at your products and may buy one or two at some point.

Yeh i dont see it as a negative for the most part. Dont get me wrong its not all roses but i try to concentrate on the positive aspects of it

Best way to live, whether you have a "disability" or not. Letting it get you down is never good. :)

Hi Jay welcome to the forums!  Love your stuff and I am glad to get to know you! 

Your new model looks lovely, I really like that she has a distinctive face, I really like her wider lips.  She looks like she will make a stunning red head or a beautiful black haired lass.

I've been around about a year and a half, the people here are super nice, I know I have made some very good friends here.  This is one of the most welcoming communities out there. 

I look forward to getting to know you better and look forward to seeing your new model progress.

Oh and I am Sonja, or Dragon I answer to both lol.

Hi Sonja :) happy to have you here. I totally agree with you on the character. I specifically sourced a model to shoot in my studio with porcelain skin. The best thing i am finding about this character is she renders super fast
    Serum said:

Welcome!

Oooo, a new trick I didn't know before!  Thanks!

You're welcome:) To be honest i didnt know either but i was getting so much stick for it when it was released them someone said about it and i could of hugged them haha
    Greymom said:

Welcome, Serum!

You are off to a fine start - your diner and launderette are on my list!  Ah, I just saw the prelim on the new character - I will have to get her, with that distinctive face and skin!

Thank you im really happy how she is coming along
    Serum said:

Best way to live, whether you have a "disability" or not. Letting it get you down is never good. :)

Absolutely i try to stay positive as for me its positive sides outweigh the negatives as im naturally introverted

So what have people been up to today?

I have put the final touches to a couple android characters for sale on my site im not allowed to link to them but i think i can show pictures :)

I put them on my site for 5 bucks each what do you think?

RZ100F Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 961K
    RZ100m Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 835K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Going to have to check those out, $5 is a darn good deal on those! 

I am working today, (usually my day off, but I am the one who covers when the boss is out of town lol).  I got a couple renders I am pretty happy with done and loaded to my page, although I am going to do some post work on the one.  Husband is out of town this weekend (nascar weekend) and daughter is working 12 hour shifts all weekend so I have the whole weekend to myself.  I plan on spending a good portion of it outside and the rest of it, playing in Studio lol.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Serum said:
    Redz said:

Hi Jay. We were reluctant for many years to label him different from our other kids, but his school  requested the assessments so he could get the extra resource time they feel he needs. The Asperger's doesn't hold him back, he's very bright and attends talented youth classes at the weekends. It's his social anxiety that causes him real difficulties. 

Those androids look amazing. Nice job. So how do we find your site? 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Labels are a funny thing. But yeah, they can be critical to getting needed services and allowance from schools.

(my son has ADHD and sensory processing disorder - seeking, been a long struggle to get what works for him)

Going to have to check those out, $5 is a darn good deal on those! 

I am working today, (usually my day off, but I am the one who covers when the boss is out of town lol).  I got a couple renders I am pretty happy with done and loaded to my page, although I am going to do some post work on the one.  Husband is out of town this weekend (nascar weekend) and daughter is working 12 hour shifts all weekend so I have the whole weekend to myself.  I plan on spending a good portion of it outside and the rest of it, playing in Studio lol.

time spent on creative means is time well spent dont forget to put your feet up though for a cuppa :)

Redz said:
    Serum said:
    Redz said:

Hi Jay. We were reluctant for many years to label him different from our other kids, but his school  requested the assessments so he could get the extra resource time they feel he needs. The Asperger's doesn't hold him back, he's very bright and attends talented youth classes at the weekends. It's his social anxiety that causes him real difficulties. 

you will see my site link in my signature :) http://www.serum3d.com if it is not showing up :) i have freebies there too

Labels are a funny thing. But yeah, they can be critical to getting needed services and allowance from schools.

(my son has ADHD and sensory processing disorder - seeking, been a long struggle to get what works for him)

Redz said:
    Serum said:
    Redz said:

Honestly the label was the best part for me i spent most of my life thinking the words 'why dont you like me when im trying so hard?!!' 

Ive always been considered as odd but people are far more forgiving if there is a reason why you are odd so now im comfortable saying it at the beginning. They may still think im odd and that is okay but at least its an informed choice haha

ill probably set a few renders going when i go to bed to add to the android shots 

So managed to add a couple renders of the androids today :)

foot top-2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 959K
    foot top-3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 964K
    foot top-4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 917K
    foot top-8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 866K
    foot top-7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 831K
    foot top-1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M