Bit confused about Genesis and Victoria 5

Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
edited February 2013 in New Users

I'd like to try working with the new V5 figure.

I recently got DS 4.5 and it came with Genesis Starter Essentials. Is this what I need to use Victoria 5 ?

I am looking at buying this : http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-5-starter-bundle

I don't understand if that is all I need. Are there things like morphs you have to buy too, like morphs++ for V4 ?

And this : http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-starter-bundle

Do I need that to use V5

So confused :/

If someone could help or link me to some docs that explain things to me as if I am a potato that would be nice :)

Cheers :)

Post edited by Widdershins Studio on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Genesis is a figure bundled automatically with Daz Studio and is all you require to use Victoria 5. Victoria 5 is basically a set of morphs and textures to turn Genesis into an adult female figure, while the Genesis starter bundle is a set of outfits, hairstyles and additional shaping morphs that will allow you to refine your figure into a more custom shape.

Hope that clears it up.

• Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
    edited February 2013

Ah okay, so somewhere in there is an invisible figure and I buy the V5 pack to make her come to life ! Cool.

And presumably once I have V5 I can buy the other figures that will morph her into someone else ?

Like this, just as an example as it was linked to her page : http://www.daz3d.com/gem-for-v5

I don't need to worry about buying something like a morphs++ pack either I assume ?

This is nice. I was going to buy some V4 things, but I think I should keep pace with the new stuff. I've only now got the time to take a better look at these things.

Thanks !

Post edited by Widdershins Studio on
    edited December 1969

Oh, sorry for being dim - I just found the Genesis figure.... :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

The Genesis equivalent of "morphs++" is this: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle

It works with the basic Genesis shapes that come free with the software, it works with Victoria 5, and it works with all other Genesis shapes from Michael 5 to Hitomi and more. One difference between Victoria 4 and Victoria 5 is that most characters for Victoria 4 require Morphs++, while many Victoria 5 characters (like Gem for V5) don't require the Evolutions morphs (some characters do, though, like Tori for V5).

Keep in mind that some larger bundles contain the Evolutions morphs. Among these are the Genesis Starter Bundle, Victoria 5 Pro Suite, and Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle.

edited December 1969

You preempted some of my questions :)

I think I will get the V5 and Genesis Starter Bundles then, as they seem like a good base to start from.

Many thanks :)

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

The Genesis equivalent of "morphs++" is this: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle

It works with the basic Genesis shapes that come free with the software, it works with Victoria 5, and it works with all other Genesis shapes from Michael 5 to Hitomi and more. One difference between Victoria 4 and Victoria 5 is that most characters for Victoria 4 require Morphs++, while many Victoria 5 characters (like Gem for V5) don't require the Evolutions morphs (some characters do, though, like Tori for V5).

i'm jumping the gun on where I am in my learning curve, but the question arose....

If you have Tori for V5, and not the Evolutions morphs, and try to apply it, does it fail? does it tell you "You need the Evolution Morphs"? Does it work but look bad?

If you have both Tori and the Evolutions morphs, and apply Tori, does it just work with the Evolutions thing happening in the background? Does it require you to do something with Evolution?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

They will apply without all the needed morphs, but will not look exactly like the Promo beasuse it used the other morphs. All the work is done for you when applying a genesis Character no need to do extra work.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    They will apply without all the needed morphs, but will not look exactly like the Promo beasuse it used the other morphs. All the work is done for you when applying a genesis Character no need to do extra work.

Thanks, and I'm guessing the "not look quite right" would apply to using V4 & morphs without the V4++ morph pack?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, but with the V4 stuff you can hit that dreaded FILE NOT FOUND thing. It depends on how the character was created.