Inquiry for interest: Look at my Hair for Poser

Comments

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

I version of LAMH that works with Poser!!! I'd BUY IT IN AN INSTANT!!!!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,730
    edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    I version of LAMH that works with Poser!!! I'd BUY IT IN AN INSTANT!!!!

My poser version is 2012 but will be getting 2014 hopefully this year. I would like LAMH to work for both.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313
    edited December 1969

I *ALREADY* have the Poser version in my cart!!!
    (Now it's up to YOU to make that a reality rather than speculative fantasy. )

I'd buy it again for Poser in a heartbeep!

You do know that by posting this and asking here, you have set yourself up to an endless stream of :

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

So..... Erm,

"Are we there yet?"

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

I have it for for Daz Studio and would buy it for poser if it created and or edited Dynamic hair used in poser. (I need this to work in Vue just like poser hair does and I need it to be Dynamic. else I might as well stick with what poser already has. (I don't like posers hair room)

Hope to hear from you soon

• andrakisandrakis Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I would also be very interested in a LAMH-Poser version. I love the hair presets for the DAZ animals and every time I'm very sad that I can't use them in Poser.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

andrakis said:
    I would also be very interested in a LAMH-Poser version. I love the hair presets for the DAZ animals and every time I'm very sad that I can't use them in Poser.

Sorry about that, we'll see to close the gap...

• niclasschultniclasschult Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Sorry for posting in a year-old thread, but I thought it would be better than to post a new thread with the same topic.

Soooo.. Is there any news on LAMH for Poser?

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

I for one would love to know too, I am a hold out Poser user.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

You can do the Poser Version, but first you need to complete your other "To Do"-List ;P .

I'm more a DAZ User as a Poser User, and the results in DAZ are amazing. But I'm not sure, if the LAMH Hair Assets will really work the way on both versions. Dynamic Clothes in Poser are also incompatible with Dynamic Clothes for DAZ.

I hope that someday someone will find a way to make both programs more compatible together, then different versions for both products would be not longer nessecary.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2015

You can do the Poser Version, but first you need to complete your other "To Do"-List ;P .

Poser Users of course think different;ly, and this was a question for us to answer. We all want to play with Alessandro's animals and things as well, and make them fluffy and hairy. :coolsmirk:

I asked in another thread for a ferret, but it would be so much nicer if we could have a ferret and use it with fur on. I'll settle for any ferret, but would prefer a furry one. :coolsmile:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885
    edited December 1969

Meh Poser has its own hair anyway
    I want Alessandro to make moar furry things to wear it, Carrara has fur too after all!
    Now LAMH for Bryce, that will get Chohole twirling her club like a cheerleaders baton!!!

edited December 1969

I want Alessandro to make moar furry things to wear it, Carrara has fur too after all!
    Now LAMH for Bryce, that will get Chohole twirling her club like a cheerleaders baton!!!

no I want LAMH for Poser, cos I use Poser as an adjunct to Bryce. Poser hair is not at all brilliant, not as good as Carrara hair.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

no I want LAMH for Poser, cos I use Poser as an adjunct to Bryce. Poser hair is not at all brilliant, not as good as Carrara hair.

Then surely you should be asking SM to improve the hair room after all you pay for it already - I always thought the point of Poser was that you didn't need to buy plugins.

edited December 1969

Not really, because the beauty of LAMH hair is that Alessandro's animals come with presets that fit them, so furry animals.

edited December 1969

I could be wrong but I thought the animals were DS only so they would require DSON which it seems most Poser users won't touch or rerigging and making Poser compatible and from I've read most vendors just aren't seeing the returns on the work involved to make things for both platforms.
    There's a fluffly preset for the Mil cat for Poser (not DS compatible) so its doable already in Poser, I do wonder why there aren't more like it though?

edited December 1969
    edited March 2015

I could be wrong but I thought the animals were DS only so they would require DSON which it seems most Poser users won't touch or rerigging and making Poser compatible and from I've read most vendors just aren't seeing the returns on the work involved to make things for both platforms.
    There's a fluffly preset for the Mil cat for Poser (not DS compatible) so its doable already in Poser, I do wonder why there aren't more like it though?

I usually provide the Poser .cr2 counterpart for each product (so not using DSON), but of course the LAMH preset version works only in DS.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

I usually provide the Poser .cr2 counterpart for each product (so not using DSON), but of course the LAMH preset version works only in DS.

Yup, so I can have baby teddy bears in my renders, but not furry ones unless I postwork them.

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

So, is SM still interested in LAMH? I'm pretty sure the next Poser version is being worked on now so it would be great to get it finally.

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    So, is SM still interested in LAMH? I'm pretty sure the next Poser version is being worked on now so it would be great to get it finally.

Yes, please...very interested, also.

edited December 1969

Apologises I didn't look closely enough.

edited December 1969

Apologises I didn't look closely enough.

No problem, I just wanted to clarify since in some of my product pages is erroneously reported that there is a DSON bridge.

edited December 1969

Alessandro, I really appreciate (and I'm sure others do, too) that you provide Poser CR2s with your animals. I will definitely purchase them all at one point. I reactivated this thread to let you know, that Poser users are still interested in getting native LAMH support. Would be a dream come true :)

edited December 1969

Alessandro, I really appreciate (and I'm sure others do, too) that you provide Poser CR2s with your animals. I will definitely purchase them all at one point. I reactivated this thread to let you know, that Poser users are still interested in getting native LAMH support. Would be a dream come true :)

Hello, and thanks. Our intention is indeed to bring LAMH to Poser (and not only it), but to be totally honest I can't really tell when we'll have a Poser working beta to show around.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply, Allessandro, this is great news! I dont mind having to wait a little bit more, take your time. Either way I am very excited that it's coming :)

• GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 173
    edited December 1969

Kerwin said:

we've recently been in contact with Smith Micro and they've shown interest in LAMH being ported to Poser.

If I could use it in a poser-native fashion, on poser models without going through DSON, I would buy in a minute (or less.) :)

This, ditto. If it "works" through DSON, not all that interested.

• Yes Please!!!!

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

A big Yes!

• Due to some changes in Poser, this has been delayed somewhat.  It is still in development, but a different method has to be used than we originally planned.

Kendall

• What I'd like to know is whether we'll be able to render the hair directly in Firefly.  And in Cycles, I suppose, since we're apparently getting that renderer now.  Or will we have to export the hair to obj first?