What is compatible to What in DAZ Store

Hi I am a new DAZ beginner, however I am beginning to become more and more frustrated. I cannot see anywhere it clearly  states Which clothes, props movements can be used with what. Actor. G2 G3 G4 named actors etc. So if I understand it you can only use G3 hair on G3 actor. Or Victoria on Victoria. or whatever named character. So what happens when you crerate your own chartacter and think hey Victorias hair would look good on your charcter of Freds suit looks good,   i will  buy that only discover you need to purchase some other actor for it work to work or is not compatable. There are lots of items I feel like using but cannot find a definitive guide to the compatabilty limitations of  hair clothes etc.  Maybe I am being thick here. but I do not wish to purchase items tha I cannot use. Can someone give me some simple guidelines. Many thanks Grouchmax

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

The name 5 characters are all for Genesis, the Name 6 charactrs are for Genesis 2 Female or Male (as appropriate), the name 7 characaters are for Genesis 3 Female or Male (as appropriate). In general content that is for a named character will work with the matching Genesis base figure too - characters may not look the same without the shape from the named character but the materials will usually apply (more so in the Genesis 3 versions, wheer almost every character set uses the base UVs; with older sets check to see which UV set is said to be used). Clothes and hair should almost always work with the matching base - other than OptiTex dynamics, which are amde for a specific shape, only a very few sets will not work (geenrally those made for unusually large or small named characters).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

https://www.daz3d.com/compatibility-matrix

This helps some, although it does need updating.

• grouchmaxxgrouchmaxx Posts: 1

Many thanks. Gives me something to work with. Cheers