Stability

Does Hexagon run more stable is older os vs Windows 10? I can run xp in a vm or dual is. But why bother if it makes no difference?

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 449

I have used Hex in Windows10, and it seemed to run about the same as in Windows7. I am using an old GeForce 440 which did not have any issue. Newer card drivers might cause some problems though. There are some settings that may not be compatible with Hexagon. There was a thread here many years ago on this subject but the last time I tried a search I could not locate it.

• I'm far from being a techy so please take this with a pinch of salt. I've been using Hex for about 8 years now, and to be honest I cannot remember the last time it crashed on me, I think the reason is because over the years I have leant to avoid things which causes it a problem. And to save fairly often, especially before UV mapping.

I'm using Windows 10 with a Nvidia GTX 960, apart from the extra memory patch (found in a post here, if I remember correctly it was suggested by Morkonan) my system is not tweaked at all. 

• Well, I have to say, on my desktop with a GTX680, all is well.  But on my laptop which has a dual - Intel and Nvidia 525M, it wouldn't even run.  I had found a forum thread, which gave instruction to set the application in the Nvidia control panel, and that got it running.  However, it keeps crashing.  I've tweaked with the Ngidia control panel application settings since and nothing seems to stop the crashing.  Frustrating.

• In the Nvidia Control Panel, I changed the Anistropic Filtering from application controlled to OFF.  This seems to help as I've not been working with it for 20 minutes and not a single crash.  MUCH better.  I'll post up if it continues.

• Still crashing.  Doesn't seem to run well with dual graphics chips on my laptop.

• edited 1:55PM

Hexagon 2.x crashes all the time on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Hexagon 1.21 never crashes, so I use that for all my mesh modeling still for Poser and Vue projects.

Post edited by shawndriscoll_34affb248a at