Some Morph is distorting my G3 female's body - but I cannot identify it (Solved)

Hi - I am struggling with a very strange problem.

Since a few days my Genesis 3 females have a changed geometry in their body (the head/face is unchanged/o.k.) which could be described as "ti...& a... enhancement" - sorry, I meaned "enhancements" in the chest/breast/cleavage and the glutes area. If you look at the screenshots you see what I mean - here the modification looks rather subtile, but when it's rendered and on figures which have already own modifications in this areas it's really messing the body.

So of course that's some morph which is responsible for the change. So far, so good. I am not really a beginner with Daz3D and know the problem f.e. from the "warrier princess" morph for G2... So of course my first look was the "Currently used" tab, but there is nothing shown what could be responsible - of course I have activated "show hidden properties".

To make the case more complicated: I have a very, very, very large content library, which has historically grown over years, so I have it on three different SSD devices to have better access performance. (In spite of this fact loading a scene or new figure takes a huge amount of time, because I have so many figures/morphs, including the transferred morphs from GenX - and of course I have all the "duplicate formula found" and error messages in my log which you ever could hope for - it's impossible to post it here...). I have a "My Library", a "My Library 2" and a "My Library 3" database on different SSDs, and fortunately/of course I have a backup on a harddisk.

It's obvious - there is some morph that's responsible for the distortion - and that must be a morph in a product I have recently installed. Unfortunately since the last backup I had installed a lot of products - from Daz3D, but also from other sources - it would be a horrible work to restore the backup and then install each product step for step again and to check everytime whether G3 loads correctly.

I found that the problem must be in "My Library 3" - if I load the backup version in the Content Directory Manager; instead of the actual/current version, the G3 female loads without distortion. Of course I thought it would be easy to identify the responsible morph now. I deleted/moved all files in the My Library 3\data\daz 3D\genesis 3\female\morphs\ folder which had been changed/newly installed since my last rendered picture without the distortion - but no success. I compared the logs loading the undistorted G3 via the distorted one - no difference!! The only interesting difference: In the cache folder there is a "female.cache.dsf" - with the backup library it has a size of 376.083 KB, with the current and spoiled library it has a size of 381.093 KB. So I guess the difference is the "evil" morph - I tried to compare the two files with "Winmerge" - but it told me "Not enough memory". I have 32 GB installed... WTF? So for now I am rather p.o.; pointless - is there no way to identify the "evil" morph ? Are there any other folders where morphs could have an interference with the G3 default figure? Is it possible that another newly installed product in my other libraries could cause the effect by an interference with "My Library 3"?

Thank you in advance for good ideas...

Genesis3.jpg
770 x 1028 - 172K
Genesis3UnknownMorph.jpg
772 x 1034 - 161K
Post edited by mgessat_f159911d19 on

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I can't help you identify the problem, only say that I have had similar issues where there appears to be an invisible morph which has attached itself to the character even when every morph which is visible reads zero.

I hope someone can solve this mystery.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2017

I think your assamption is almost right. Usually I believe I can find  those evil properties.And  I know there is some difficult case to find evil one.

eg if I use key type ERC controller, (name as CtrlKey.dsf ,  it can change another proeprty value even though CtrlKey.dsf = 0.

but at least, effected property (which actually change geometry) need to change value other than 0.

then we may find the effected  morph by "currently used", with "show hidden property".  after that we may find the evil controller. which actually link with morphs.  then if it is your problem, I feel, you already found the evil one (ctrl or morph).

my suggenstion is,,  select all nodes of Genesis3female ,then "show hidden property" and see if there is some node change scale (x, y, z) are changed.

usualy individual scale property are hidden, and even though we tweak them, it can not return by "zero figure, or zero selected node" I believe.

(I had been requested daz, to change "zero figure, or zero selected item"  way, but daz do not plan to change it.

I think,  if I make controller for head node, then set ERC which change another node scale values, it can be deform, but it is not morph then need not assign with root node.  .  then to serch it, we need to select head node.   though it is night mare to serch one by one,. but if those defomation are caused by node scale, you can detect node easy I feel.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on

And one more thing (though I do not know, if you aloready test it),  ,if you can not find any morph or controller, (though there should be)

I may make new "emepty library" which can keep, all  \data\daz 3D\genesis 3\female\morphs\ ..." 

and  move all  sub vendor  durectories (without  "DAZ 3D")   to the empty library.. .. then ds can not load vendor  morph.but load DAZ 3d morph lonly.

( may better do  samething about "Procjection morph" folda if you have, , though it usually only visible, as ttansfered morph to fit item., if there is way to visible for Actor)

after that, load genesis3female.    if it still deform,  you can only re-install "daz 3d"  propduct morphs.

then select vendor directories (one by one, or I may 5, or 6 group) and return to your actuall library, then test same thing.

edited May 2017

Then,,,  "is it possible that another newly installed product in my other libraries could cause the effect by an interference with "My Library 3"?

if you have set those library IN daz studio "content library", all morph loaded and effect your actor still. 

eg, I have 4 daz studio main directories. and each have data/,,,/morph sub directories. all morphs load withotu problem(if there is same name, it cause duplicate erroer)

to serch evil one, you nee to hide those directory from DAZ CMS. or all morph simply load even though you separate them.

we needed to keep  all morphs as one daz studio library with the basefigure.dsf before,  (Actuall there still a few case, some plug in, or Carara (old version), or import export process,  can not load those morph which installed another DAZ library)

but  about current daz studio, and most of plug in can load all morphs which installed to anotehr daz studio library,then we can manage morphs as separate library, if we need so)  I remember generation X could not manage those morph, but do not test with current version. I often merge morphs in one library, after that move to another libraries,  to manage them for my purpose. 

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited May 2017

I track them down by process of elimination moving out morph data folders one by one to my desktop and reloading a new figure untill I narrow it down to one folder.

Then I do the same with the files sorting by date to find the more recent ones to move out to a temp folder not in my library (usually desktop)

it usually happens when you save over your base figure as support asset by mistake.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

it may happen, if vendor mistake, (make complex erc morph, and change default value withotu intention,  then save as moprh etc,, ) too.  

and daz often up-date and change how each command work . then maybe there should be case, free vendor item cause problem,  which work before, but not work at current version. 

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557
    edited May 2017

I've had distortions happen when two morphs doing the same thing with the same name are activated. Go to Currently Used and see if there's any morph with (2) in the name at 100%. It might be morphs are doubling up (if so, one temporary way around it is to change it to 50%). Probably not what's happened at all, but quick to check.

Post edited by Jimbow on
  • I had not enough time during the last week, but now I could identify the morph which was causing the changed geometry.

I found no other way than to remove all folders in My Library 3\data\daz 3D\genesis 3\female\morphs\ folder which had been changed since my last working backup. Fortunately I realised that there is a better "narrow down" strategy than to copy them back one by one and test each time: I took one half of the folders, tested; then the half of the remaining folders, tested, and so on. And in the moment the distortion was back I removed the half of the restored folders/morphs again. So after four iterations/tests I found the "evil" morph - it was the "Nurwen" character from a well known content source.

The only little problem was that the body modification morph (Nurwen Body.dsf) of this character is loaded automatically for every G3 female with a value 1 (or 100). Of course that's a mistake from the vendor. But that active "default" morph is not shown under "Currently used" - that's a bug in Daz Studio.

Thanks to all people who posted comments to solve the problem!     

Congraturation.   then I hope to know, which d|s 4 version  are you using ?  

About old daz studio 4,   when current value is not default (memorized) value, those parameters are shown as "currently used" .  then if  morph set default  as 1.0,  it will be loaded with the value,  but not shown as currently used.   

But daz changed the way, with up-date. 

about recent d|s versions, (after ds 4.7)   when current parameter value is not zero, the parameter will be shown as "currently used" in parameter tab (at least with "show hidden properties"  , even though default value has been modified.

It is discribed like that,

"Back to Base"

Selecting the “Currently Used” filter in parameter based panes now displays properties with a value that differs from the base figure value, instead of the properties that are different than their memorized values. For example, loading the Olympia 6 Character Preset will now show the Olympia 6 shape(s) as “Currently Used” because the morph property has a value that is different than the Genesis 2 Female base.

That means  if Nurwen Body.dsf are auto- applied, current value is not zero, and genesis3female.dsf do not discribe , morph values as default.  there is case, genesis3female.duf (character preset) save those moprh value, (if overwrite without intention) but other g3f character preset,  never load the Nurwen body.dsf with the values. 

then the parameter need to be shown as "currenlty used" .  if  it not work about current ds version (4.7 later), there seems clear problem which DAZ need to know.  (I have never seen exceptional case,  then hope to know, actually there is case, "currently used" not work as  daz dscribed )

I do not have the prodcut, then serch it , and I checked read me, vendor said, it made by 4.9.1.3.0 in read me,,  then I think, if you overwrite genesis3female.duf without intention.  if so,, you may better, re-install genesis3female essential kit, then genesis3female.duf return default. (not include the morph values). 

• I am using the latest Beta version (4.9.3.166) and (rather seldom...) the latest regular 4.8 version; I did not yet update because I don't like the encryption/connect idea :) ... The problem (the morph is loaded by default, but not shown in "Currently used" was in both versions.

But of course it was no big work to handle the problem after identifiing the morph - I could run the "remove script" everytime, but I simply deleted the "body.dsf". It would be also possible to edit the body.dsf file and change the "1" to a "0" value.

• FletcherFletcher Posts: 63

Thank you thank you thank you and a thousand more thank you's!!!!

• THANK YOU FOR THIS!

This has been driving me nuts for the past few days. Removed the Nurwen character data and problem is gone.

Cheers!

Thanks confirm and sorry take your time,, though I feel really strange, "currently used"  not show the auto-applied morph,, I may get it, and see what is going on for my curiosity. 

• Thank you, mgessat_f159911d19.

Nurwen was the guilty. lol

You've saved my life.

• Giokebox said:

Thank you, mgessat_f159911d19.

Nurwen was the guilty. lol

You've saved my life.

You are welcome smiley ...