Exporting Leaves

MalusMalus Posts: 370
edited May 2017 in Carrara Discussion

Bryce has been a pain with trees to say the least (I even dropped the quality to as low as possible). I been screwing around trying to find a tree generator that works and I realized Carrara has one. However I am having issues. I am pretty sure I am being stupid but the leaves do not seem to export... Confused I am sam.
Anyone knows what my half asleep brain could be missing? 

If you must Carrara 8, 32 GB ram, 2 GB nvidia graphics card, Windows 7 etc etc. 

(I just want a thick booty tree is that so hard to ask for... cheeky )

Post edited by Malus on

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

In the tree editor, make sure "Full Detail Mesh" and "Show Leaves" are checked before you convert/export.

Be careful, with a "thick booty" tree, you can easily end up with millions of polygons, which will be slow. Very, very, slow. Come back tomorrow slow.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Make sure the entire "tree" is selected in the plant modeler room preview window before export.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

If going to Studio - see export and import settings here.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2414461/#Comment_2414461

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited May 2017

Thank you that worked. See half asleep doesn't pay. 

No worries with thick booty, extra fluffy bushed trees and millions of poly's my computer can handle miliions usually plus I postion the trees then chop off what is not seen so it saves on poly's as well. Here is the poly count see not so bad. 

(and once the trees are position I just feel in behind them images of trees so to make it look like a forest with less poly's a facade trick of sorts really.
    Make the front look good and the filler can just be images of trees. Albeit it is fun to crop trees out in photoshop with transparent backgrounds lol. Got to learn optical illusions in 3D the eye likes filling in things that are not truly there. The eyes are terrible at assumptions)

nwrrs.PNG
    106 x 18 - 634B
    Post edited by Malus on

I have cut the tree in half halved the poly's and now am converting as many tris into quads as I can thus sorta halving the poly count again. A bit of a process but might as well do it. See many many ways to get rid of poly's. 

http://the--grimreaper.deviantart.com/art/A-Link-to-a-Past-Memory-680935502

Not many will get the reference but that is where the thick booty tree went. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,815

maybe lop off branches and instance them, I suggested this in a thread once for constructing trees.