How to make eyelights/reflections work? (solved)

edited February 2013 in New Users

I bought Elite Eyelights a while back and am having trouble getting it to work on Genesis. UVs are set to V4. I've selected both left and right eye in the scene pane before clicking on the desired reflection in the content library tab. But nothing happens. I've even tried plugging in the textures by hand by going into the surfaces pane under the "opacity slider." And I turned the opacity slider to 100%. But nothing shows up.

Is it because I'm using Genesis? Or am I doing something else wrong.

Also, while I installed this with DIM, I downloaded the old installers and tried them, but it still didn't work.

Post edited by aprilsunshine7_4526d47d74 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, when using the DIM, you should always get the most up to date version of your content.

I don't think that is the problem here. What exactly is in the download? According to the Product Page, it says it has MC6 (Poser) material files, and that it also works in DAZ Studio. DS can't read MC6 files to the best of my knowledge, and there is usually an accompanying DS script file to go with it with the same name.

If you look in the Content Library, right click on one of the icons, and use the 'Browse to File Location', what files are in there? Does the icon have a little 'scroll' symbol on the top left hand corner? If not, you may not have installed all of the required files.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

As I recall the eyelights use the eyesurface material, which Genesis doesn't have. As a result they won't work, though you may be able to get them a similar result via the Layered Image Editor or Shader Mixer working with the supplied images and applying to the eye surfaces that are present.

• edited December 1969

JimmyC_2009, thanks for your help. I tried these from both locations, People>V4>Textures and Runtime>Materials, and neither worked. Thought I didn't think the mc6 would work, but I thought I'd try it just in case.

Richard, thanks for letting me know that Genesis has a missing eyesurface material. I'll definitely look into the layered image editor to see if it will work. Thanks!