Later All and ty

chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
edited February 2023 in The Commons

Please see Wendy's 2023 update later in the thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8006111/#Comment_8006111

I'm just saying a brief goodbye to the members of the community here who offered advice, feedback, and helpfull suggestions over the years since I began my journey into the 3d modelling world. My thanx to all of you who helped me out along the way.

Unlike most I won't belabour my final post with my reasons for leaving or my beefs with Daz as a company save to say that after being an avid supporter of Daz's programs (I use Daz Studio and Hexagon exclusively for all my works) I am no longer seeing or feeling the community spirit here that there once was...

For those of you who may wish to stay in touch or to follow my work as it continues you may find me at free3dcontent.net... take care all and best of luck in the new "improved' Daz forums and "community"... In my opinion and that of many others, it's a sad sad state of affairs that has come to pass...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Sad to see you go, Chris, but i understand. Hope to see you around and best of luck...

• edited December 1969

Good luck Schell. It's been nice seeing news of your awesome products

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Not so much 'so long' as 'see you in other locales!' :)

• rest in peace broken heart

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

So Wendy did Chris loose his battle?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    edited February 2023

DollyGirl said:

So Wendy did Chris loose his battle?

yes, saw today on Facebook, I don't know much more, his last post was he was going to have liver surgery July last year crying

I only knew him for his 3D content so did not think it was my place to start an obiturary thread

was last August he did not survive the surgery

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

That's really sad... I never saw the original thread about him leaving and thought he was just busy with other stuff.

Farewell Chris.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

That's so sad :( 

I didn't know him, but I've known OF him for....wow....many, many  years. broken heart

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

R.I.P.

I found his aircraft stuff to be top quality. 

• So sad. His modeling skills will be greatly missed.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

I was following him on Hivewire too. A great loss to the 3D community. He was generous with his work. Love his anime work as well.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

sorry, I only saw his models on shareCG

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited February 2023

Really sad, he was a nice person, from what I could see from his posts at the HW forums.

Post edited by Kerya on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Oh no..... Awww..... R.I.P. sir.  You did amazing things and were above and beyond generous!  broken heart

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

Sad news, thanks for the update. Condolences to family and friends, if any frequent this forum.