Upgrading to 4.9 and how do I rig for V4?

Hi. I'm in DAZ 4.8 and ther's stuff for upgrading from DAZ 4.6 but I can't find any info on how to upgrade to 4.9. I figured the automated DL'r would handle that but it doesn'tseem to want to upgrade.

Also, I understand I can re-rig things from character to character. I'm using a lot of V4's still and was wondering if there's a good guide on how to learn how to rig costumes to a V4.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131

You "update" by installing the current version - there aren't patch installers.

Victoria 4 uses legacy rigging - to start with, you need an OBJ for the clothing with the groups for the bones - do you have that?

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770
    edited May 2017

Hi 

consider investing in the GENX 2 plugin and moving all of your favorite V4 shapes up to the G3 female

V4 is 11 year old  figure tech.frown

The figure content creation/rigging tools for the genesis figures will be So much more pleasant and efficient to use going forward ...trust me.

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • You "update" by installing the current version - there aren't patch installers.

Victoria 4 uses legacy rigging - to start with, you need an OBJ for the clothing with the groups for the bones - do you have that?

I have lots of clothes, specifically a set for A4 that I wanted to move over. OTher than that, not sure what you mean about "Groups for the bones".

wolf359 said:

Hi 

consider investing in the GENX 2 plugin and moving all of your favorite V4 shapes up to the G3 female

V4 is 11 year old  figure tech.frown

The figure content creation/rigging tools for the genesis figures will be So much more pleasant and efficient to use going forward ...trust me.

What's the GENX 2 plug in?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131

Sorry, I thought you meant you wanted to rig nwe clothing. AutoFit will do the conversion of older clothing provided you have a clone shape for the base figure (Aiko 4 is not a figure, it's a shape for Victoria 4). Each Genesis has a clone for the previous geenration, there are also add-ons in the store that allow you to go back to older figures or you can go in steps (AutoFit Victoria 4 to Genesis, then Genesis to Genesis 2, then Genesis 2 to Genesis 3).

• I have tried for three days to "upgrade" my 4.8 to 4.9, however, it appears to DL only the wizard/installer but never opens the installer and never opens to DL and upgrade me to 4.9. Any suggestions? I can't get any of the auto fit and next gen stuff till I update to 4.9, right?

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770

" can't get any of the auto fit and next gen stuff till I update to 4.9, right?"

Not true..I am still running 4.8
    and I have The latest genesis  3 figures working fine.

• Any ideas on why I cannot get 4.9 to DL properly?

• Exactly which file are you downloading?