Hey DAZ, since you seem to like DA, why not create a gallery group there?

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm a member of DAZAholics, and I have found that their gallery options are just a little limiting...

There's no place to post renders that are about clothing, or action scenes, everything seems to be geared toward fantasy or pinups.

I have nothing against fantasy and pinups, but even those options seem limiting...

How about a set of galleries with options such as Fashion, Action/Adventure, PhotoRealims, Beauty Shots, Character Studies...

I've suggested each of these to DAZaholics, and been declined each time.

Seriously... wouldn't it help solve the whole issue of a locally hosted gallery?

Comments

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Agreed

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DazAholics is not the only DAZ group on DA. I've checked both your acconts and will ask my boss if I can invite you both to join one I help run. We have many more sections to post to.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DazAholics is not the only DAZ group on DA. I've checked both your acconts and will ask my boss if I can invite you both to join one I help run. We have many more sections to post to.

Please send invite :)

edited December 1969

I have spoken with the Boss. And I'm not allowed to Invite or mention the Name. It is open to the public but I'm sorry to say you must find the group and apply through the proper use of the rules.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
    edited December 1969

You could always create your own group, any member can. The only problem with that is the burden of running it, advertising, and finding reliable co-founders and contributers.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

There are a ton of daz specific groups on DA, but frankly I don't focus on them myself. I mostly join Fantasy and Pinup groups, preferably with a mix of skill sets.

But wancow look into these groups if you want Dazzers
    Daz3DelightExp
    Daz-Artists-Guild
    DAZCreativeContests
    Fans-of-DAZ-Freak
    DazRealityLuxRender
    dazclub

and many many more!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited February 2013

DAZ has a Facebook page and (so I've heard) runs contests on it . . . which I can't participate in because I'm not on Facebook (and never will be -- I don't trust their handling of users personal data). For DAZ to run a parallel official deviantART group would make sense.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

DAZ has a Facebook page and (so I've heard) runs contests on it . . . which I can't participate in because I'm not on Facebook (and never will be -- I don't trust their handling of users personal data). For DAZ to run a parallel official deviantART group would make sense.

They would have to spend time there to actually make it of value. They could always have their contest there though and I would prefer that of FB.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have spoken with the Boss. And I'm not allowed to Invite or mention the Name. It is open to the public but I'm sorry to say you must find the group and apply through the proper use of the rules.

No disrespect intended, but isn't a bit odd that you're not even allowed to name the group even though a quick check of your DA account reveals which groups you're a member of anyway? I would think that advertising the group would be welcomed, not scolded.

I tend to use a mix of Luxrender and 3Delight rather than one exclusively, so it's not the group for me, but I can't deny there's some good art up there. Still, that being said I've not joined any groups since opening my DA account. Not because I don't enjoy the art in them, but more because I'd never be able to decide which ones amongst my works I'd be happy with sharing. It's also a slight distraction when they ask for "high quality" art, since quality is in the eye of the beholder, unless you're talking about image resolution.

It'd be interesting to see an 'official' Daz group though, if only to see the sort of art it would bring together under one banner.

edited December 1969

It took me two weeks to get my facebook account deleted! That's how long it takes.

http://deletefacebook.com/

All I was tryng to say is this: DeviantArt is a site DAZ endorses for posting images, and it's one heck of a great gallery site! I think DAZ would be well served having a gallery there, and SO WOULD WE the DAZ consumers of the world...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It's not so much that DAZ 3D endorses DA as that the DAZ 3D forum team suggest that you can post images there under Content Advisory filters and then link to them in forum posts.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It's not so much that DAZ 3D endorses DA as that the DAZ 3D forum team suggest that you can post images there under Content Advisory filters and then link to them in forum posts.

The message I got was that DA (and ShareCG) is "complementary to what DAZ is doing"... I took that as an endorsement. Please forgive me if that was a mistake.

But, my suggestion stands. :)

edited December 1969

No disrespect intended, but isn't a bit odd that you're not even allowed to name the group even though a quick check of your DA account reveals which groups you're a member of anyway? I would think that advertising the group would be welcomed, not scolded.
    None taken, basicly I'm an admin and the rest of the stuff is handled by others. I was not scolded just asked to let the others handle the parts they do and me handle the parts I do.
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

A fair enough comment. It still seems odd that you were asked not to disclose the name, but I guess every group has their own rules. I fully understand why they'd ask people to join themselves though rather than through invite.