SELECTION

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

In Bryce,

When editing a figure (person - imported from DAZ), how do I select the 'entire person along WITH cloths' to move or resize the figure? (other than just the person OR cloths only.)

('Edit>Select All' won't work because I have another object nearby the figure.)

I'm failing to select the entire set of (red and black line) frames around the figure AND cloths. I should be selecting the entire set of frames around the figure (I assume), but am having a little difficulty figuring out how to select more than one frame at a time, so I can move the whole figure. (person, cloths and all)

Comments

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

You can use a side view and draw a bounding box around your figure, this will select everything within the box.

Cheers
    GG

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

If your figures and/or clothing happen to be in groups, you can select them by clicking on the Select Options triangle near the bottom right, then hover over Select Groups, then click on an item in the group to select it. Unfortunately this makes the menu go away, so you'll have to go back into the menu again, this time click to add another item to the selection, repeat as necessary.

Similarly you can select meshes this way if the clothing doesn't show up as a group.

It can be tricky to figure out what the name is if it isn't immediately obvious; you might need to go back into studio and track down the object's name.

screenshot,_select_groups.png
    456 x 432 - 25K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Or you can simply click on the object you are trying to select while holding the 'Control' key down.
    This will bring up a sub-menu with a list of all the components (including group names) that are under the cursor.
    If you need to select more than one from the list, repeat the same procedure only for subsequent components also hold down the 'shift' key. In this way you can gather up all the pieces you need.

If you imported your model into Bryce and have not ungrouped it or otherwise edited it, it will have a group name which will be what ever you saved it as, if it doesn't, as soon as you have got everything you need selected, group them together (if they aren't already grouped) and using the little 'A' button (attributes) in the object selection grid (the column of square buttons that appears when you select an object) and give your group a unique and relevant name so you can find it easier next time you need it.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Also, the Tab key will toggle through each object on the screen.