Shopping Cart Is Impossible To Get Too!!

roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Well, I have seen this subject before, here, in the forum. I have been fighting this for over 2 months now. I have quite a bit of content in my cart that I want to revise to move some to my wish list in order to take advantage of this weekends sales. I cannot get to my cart. When I try to list it, I get the "server is off-line" (CloudFare). I am told that there is no cached pages available. I just cannot list my cart! I am going to loose out on the sales. Why hasn't DAZ fixed this issue? Any work-arounds known?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Chances are there is no way DAZ can fix it...most likely the problem is on your end. Either your security software, browser or ISP are blocking Cloudflare.

Have you tried a different browser?

What is your operating system? firewall? AV?

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

I had this problem before and I had to change my ip address via my router. Or you could try a proxy.

Post edited by Romancefantasy on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited February 2013

Just a thought, but DAZ recently moved to using a cloud service. Even more recently DAZ released their DIM product and encouraged everybody to re-download their entire library. I suspect that the servers, whether they be in the cloud or not, are being hammered. Perhaps ET can't call home because the line's busy!

Why do I get this mental vision of October 1929 and scenes of hoards of people engaged in runs on the banks?

But if you've been having this problem for two months then it's more likely that you're having an ISP or blocking issue as mentioned in other posts. But super busy servers probably aren't helping the situation.

Can you get another machine into the house to check out access to DAZ? That would help isolate the problem to either your machine or your connection.

(Note: "too" = also; "to" implies toward; "two" = 2)

images.jpg
    176 x 244 - 13K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have had no problems either purchasing or downloading products, and I am not using the DIM.

I find that the best remedy for any cloud flare errors is to try a hard refresh on the page. If that doesn't work I will close the browser and then reopen and clear my cache before trying to do anything else. Mostly that works.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Just a thought, but DAZ recently moved to using a cloud service. Even more recently DAZ released their DIM product and encouraged everybody to re-download their entire library. I suspect that the servers, whether they be in the cloud or not, are being hammered. Perhaps ET can't call home because the line's busy!

Why do I get this mental vision of October 1929 and scenes of hoards of people engaged in runs on the banks?

But if you've been having this problem for two months then it's more likely that you're having an ISP or blocking issue as mentioned in other posts. But super busy servers probably aren't helping the situation.

Can you get another machine into the house to check out access to DAZ? That would help isolate the problem to either your machine or your connection.

We've been getting cloudflare errors since day one of the changeover and at least once daily. As Pam suggested a hard refresh will normally do the trick.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited February 2013

Frank0314 said:

We've been getting cloudflare errors since day one of the changeover and at least once daily. As Pam suggested a hard refresh will normally do the trick.

I'd go back to writing on cave walls if there were any caves left without previous graffiti.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

This has happened to me on two or three occasions over the past couple of months. If I wait just a few minutes, it usually goes away. Once a hard refresh worked. Twice it didn't.

It's not a user error.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    This has happened to me on two or three occasions over the past couple of months. If I wait just a few minutes, it usually goes away. Once a hard refresh worked. Twice it didn't.

It's not a user error.

I never said/implied it was a user error...most of the time it is because Cloudflare (or one of the other cloud servers used by DAZ) is being blocked. There are certain firewall/AV/browser plugins blocking some cloud services, by default. The vast majority of the problems connecting to DAZ are definitely configuration issues outside of DAZ's control. If a hard refresh/cache & cookie clean out don't fix it, then it's time to start looking at the local configuration. And if that doesn't do anything, then it's time to start looking at possible ISP blocking or being blocked by DAZ's security measures (yes, some IP addresses are being blocked from connecting to DAZ because they are 'known' malicious/spam IPs...the problem with that is the spammer may have moved on and the address has been reassigned to someone else...who isn't a spammer).