posing and morphing after importing hair/fur as renderman curves

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I wonder if anyone can explain how this is done.......if I export as obj. the fur or hair will not move with the figure or object it was created on, if exported as renderman curves I can for instance move arms up and down and the fur follows the garment it was created on, however if I apply a pose to the wearing figure Studio crashes.

I have read the pdf manual multiple times and haven't been able to see anywhere if I have to pose and/or morph the figure in Daz before I import the LAMH creation? Can I not pose or morph the finished product?

The project I am working on is a short cape that I would like to trim with fur and I will need to apply multiple morphs simply because it is not a garment that conforms well..........am I way off base on what LAMH can be used for? I so hope I can make this work as the fur trim even with my first attempts looks pretty darn cool on my cape before I try to pose it!

I think my computer has adequate specs ie: dual quad core Xeon 3.0 gigs per so I think :) 24 gigs CPU? , 16 gigs ram on a PC with Windows 7 Ultimate

Any advice would be much appreciated........and just as a side question has anyone tried using LAMH to create beadwork on a garment yet?

LOL so many possibilities!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,220
    edited December 1969

OBJ hair would need to be rigged, on its own or combined with the base mesh. Unlike the RiCurves hair the OBJ hair is no longer live, linked to the item it was created on, but is a static mesh. As for the crashing, please post to the dedicated Look At My Hair thread - Alessandro or Kendall may have some fix or diagnostic suggestions for you.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

I wonder if anyone can explain how this is done.......if I export as obj. the fur or hair will not move with the figure or object it was created on, if exported as renderman curves I can for instance move arms up and down and the fur follows the garment it was created on, however if I apply a pose to the wearing figure Studio crashes.

I have read the pdf manual multiple times and haven't been able to see anywhere if I have to pose and/or morph the figure in Daz before I import the LAMH creation? Can I not pose or morph the finished product?

The project I am working on is a short cape that I would like to trim with fur and I will need to apply multiple morphs simply because it is not a garment that conforms well..........am I way off base on what LAMH can be used for? I so hope I can make this work as the fur trim even with my first attempts looks pretty darn cool on my cape before I try to pose it!

I think my computer has adequate specs ie: dual quad core Xeon 3.0 gigs per so I think :) 24 gigs CPU? , 16 gigs ram on a PC with Windows 7 Ultimate

Any advice would be much appreciated........and just as a side question has anyone tried using LAMH to create beadwork on a garment yet?

LOL so many possibilities!

Hi cheryllturcotte, you should definitely be able to do that ("The project I am working on is a short cape that I would like to trim with fur and I will need to apply multiple morphs simply because it is not a garment that conforms well").

I'd suggest you to first pose and apply the morphs to the object you want to do, so that you have a "consolidate" base to work on, especially if you are furring a conforming figure.
    If you need any specific help you may also contact me directly at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com, and I will help you any way I can.