Problems with contant

itsikwitsikw Posts: 42
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello experts, I need your help again.
I visited my DAZ Studio today after a while, and something happened. The "Smart Content" is blank. The Content Library looks fine, but the search function does not work. Also the Categories and Products directories are empty, although I have populated them with data previously.
Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Itsik

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The CMS is almost certainly not running. Smart Content relies on this, and so does the search function, and Products and Categories.

You don't say what OS you are using, so I will assume Windows of some sort. You can restart the CMS from the Start menu, All Porgrams > DAZ 3D > Content Management Service. That should bring it all back.

• itsikwitsikw Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Thanks JimmyC. I am running Windows 7.
    I launched the CMS as you suggested. The screen flashed, but there was no message. DAZ was not affected, Smart Content is still missing.
    I noted an unusual behavior: when I hover with my mouse over "Start DAZ Content Management Service" there appears the usual floating text box, but in my case it consists of two identical lines. Can it be that the CMS is installed twice on my computer? Should I un-install/re-install?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Mine does that too, I get two lines the same when I hover over the CMS in the Start Menu.

You should have a look in the Task Manager, CMS should appear twice, in Processes and in Services as a running process. It would probably be best to uninstall the CMS from the Start menu, and then reinstall DS4.5. If CMS is already installed, the main installer wont change anything, so you have to uninstall it first. That might fix it. If not, then the Database may be corrupted, and you would need to get rid of it, and reimport Metadata again, but try reinstalling first.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Try right-clicking the Smart Content tab and choosing 'Re-import Metadata'. If it gives you a dialog box with a list of products, let it import them and they should magically appear in your lists.

edited December 1969

Thank you JimmyC again, but HeraldOf Fire you made my day.

edited December 1969

Hi Herald,
    This worked on my PC A. I have DAZ running also on PC B and PC C.
    I tried this on PC B, and there is no option for DB maintenance when right clicking on the SC tab as it was on PC A. What magic now?

Itsik

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

itsikw said:
    Hi Herald,
    This worked on my PC A. I have DAZ running also on PC B and PC C.
    I tried this on PC B, and there is no option for DB maintenance when right clicking on the SC tab as it was on PC A. What magic now?

Itsik

Then you need to start the Content Manager on that machine first.