Mixed felling in Install Manager

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I can see that this "install Manager" solves some problems, mostly if it handles the seemingly endless stream of updates.
However I also want to keep my own way of organizing content directories. And I want to add my vote to being able to
specify Mac or PC downloads. I do have a question though, if it can't be answered here I will submit a bug report. When
I installed DIM I typed the username wrong, that is my fault. But now it won't let me change it (or log in).

Stan

Comments

• edited December 1969

I told you I couldn't spell. The title should be "mixed feelings on"

Stan

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

typing is not my forte either ;) i am only a newbie but have you tried closing it down, logging out of your account at daz, then log yourself back in again and then retry DIM no promises, but its the sort of thing i do with wrong passwords. worht a try huh

• achimsachims Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

I can see a "RestoreDefaults" shortcut in my "\DAZ3DIM1" Folder.

= "X:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\DAZ3DIM.exe" -resetDefaults

Maybe worht a try?

Or, AFAIK, you can add additional "Accounts".

AFAIK the ZIP Files downloaded via DIM are "universal" = MAC and WIN.
    So, no need for specifying MAC or WIN downloads?!?

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the help. It is now fixed.

I wonder how true it is that we have to uninstall our content? I have been uninstalling some old
    content and am about halfway through. But when I run "installation Manager" it says it is ready
    to download 2000 files. Down below it lists "products" , some are what I have uninstalled, some
    are still installed. What if I don't want to install them all? There is a "check box" by each one, will it
    only install what is checked? None are installed by default.

I have watched the videos, but they don't answer a lot of my questions.

Stan

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Read the help file that comes with the DIM first. There is also a little Gear icon at the top right hand side of the UI, and using it, you can set preferences.

The DIM does not have a clue about anything that you have installed yourself, only files that IT has installed. It only downloads what you tick, and it only installs it if you have the 'Install After Download box ticked. If it is not ticked, it downloads the files, but does not install them. ALL files that the DIM downloads are in ZIP format.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

stanerwin said:
    There is a "check box" by each one, will it
    only install what is checked?

Yes, you can check individual boxes to only download and/or install the checked items if you don't want to select everything.