Serial Number Issues, HELP!!!!!

elvensong2000elvensong2000 Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in New Users

I think I have all the necessary info listed here so:

I have a 64-bit Windows operating system on my PC, and I just downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro to my computer. I used DAZ 3D Install Manager to load it. I started it up. It wants a Serial Number, which I'd love to offer it as a numerical sacrifice for good crops (of cool pictures etc.) lol. I could find NO readme in the installed DAZ Studio choices when I checked out DAZ 3D through my start menu, but DID find a serial number for DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro in DAZ Software Serial Numbers. It went like this:

PRODUCT NAME ORDER SERIAL NUMBER
Serialnumber for DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro 100601500

Yet when I input the serial number, it says :

DAX Studio requires a valid seriual number.... Try Again Quit

I'm about ready to tear out my hair. I tried again... I quit and restarted... I've got what DAZ site insists IS a valid serial number and yet it wont' accept it. What am I doing wrong, and how do I do it right? I only have eight serial numbers in my list, all of which I bought today... and this one DOES say it's for DAZ Studio 4.5... I even tried a few of the extra ones, just in case... am I going crazy? Am I stupid? Am I cursed to never play with my old favorite art form, which I have so long left aside?

None of the threads I've checked through so far have had the solution. What am I missing here? Please help.

Post edited by adamr001 on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

I removed your serial number from the post. You should never post that type of information, although I understand why you did.

You should be able to start DS4.5 without a serial number. Once it's up and running go to Help > Register DAZ Studio and *TYPE* the serial number in. I know it sounds silly but do NOT copy and paste.

let me know if that helps.

• elvensong2000elvensong2000 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I apologize, I guess I figured since it's a free download that it would be fine, but you're right... never again will I post a serial number, no matter what.

I just noticed something... what I have that I click on or find in my start menu is DAZ Studio 3D... I've assumed that it's the right thing, but maybe I shouldn't? Is that the problem?

As for getting in through the help section, there IS no help button. The popup for the serial number goes like this:

Thank you for downloading DAZ Studio!

In order to activate this prouct enter your serial number in the field provided below

Click Here to Register Online (this takes me to a 404 Not Found page)

(Then there's:) Enter serial Number [and the box to input the number]

so... I've got the wrong DAZ, seems to me. *grumbles* but I only downloaded the 4.5 DAZ... so, help??? and while you struggle for patience lol I'm going to rummage around in my downloads and see if I can solve this somehow before I have to bug you again. Thank you for your help, sincerely. It is really nice not to have to solve things on your own sometimes lol.

edited December 1969

Right... found downloadables in my account... and tried, I really did. Picked the right one (I think)

DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro - GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc

and got a pop up saying:

The installation path for DAZ Studio could not be found. "GoZ DS4 (64bit)" cannot be installed. Setup will now quit.

I'm definitely going to tear out my hair. seems the appropriate response, no?

edited December 1969

OK... my hair survived and I finally managed to do it. Really, ME, I did it! *happy dance* Now for the plug ins... pray for me. Please.

For anyone who googles this question and hits this thread, I dunno why it wouldn't install the first time, but the second time I did everything the same and it went just fine. So, lesson is, try again. I did the serial code as adamr said and it worked out fine. Pain in the neck flipping back and forth like that between DAZ and the "My Serial Numbers" page found in the "my account" section, but it worked lol. Adamr, you are a genius.

@};- the rose of victory

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Interesting, well, I'm sorry it wasn't working well for you but I'm glad you got around it.

There are lots of helpful people around, so come in and be welcome and ask away. :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Right... found downloadables in my account... and tried, I really did. Picked the right one (I think)

DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro - GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc

and got a pop up saying:

The installation path for DAZ Studio could not be found. "GoZ DS4 (64bit)" cannot be installed. Setup will now quit.

I'm definitely going to tear out my hair. seems the appropriate response, no?

That's just the GoZ plugin...you need the DS 4 main installer.

• epifrinepifrin Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I cannot find any serial numbers when I go to:
    https://www.daz3d.com/downloadable/customer/serialnumbers/

I am logged in. I have installed Daz3D but am stuck with the registration. Can any one help? Thanks.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Did you buy DAZ Studio through the Store here?

If so, you should have a serail number for it in your 'My Account' area (is that the link you gave, it is no use to anyone else?)
    Then go to My Serial Numbers, and it should be listed there. I have several pages of serial numbers, make sure that you look on the second page as well if there is one.

If that still doen't help, then please tell me exactly what you see when you look at that page, and when you 'bought' DS4.5 through the store.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I "bought" it from here. When I go to "account" then to "orders", it shows the number of my order. But when I go to "my serial numbers", it doesn't list anything. The table is empty ; it says : Currently there are no Serial Numbers available for you.

??

edited February 2013

I see you just joined today :)

If you have only just downloaded DAZ Studio, it may take a little while to add the serial number to your 'My Account' area. DAZ 3D are on Utah time, which is currently 4:20 am, so the office wont be open for another few hours yet. I would have thought that this was an automatic process, and if you don;t get a serial soon, I would open a Support ticket using Help > Contact Us at the top of the forum.

DAZ Studio 4.5 should run as the Standard version without a serial number, which means you can at least use it for now, and get all the content installed. I am sure it will be resolved for you shortly.

If not, please start a thread of your own on this issue, in this New Users Forum.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Ok, thank you for the detailed response. I'll check my account again later on to see if the serial number is avaialbe. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just a heads up, as Jimmy pointed out if you Downloaded the DS from the free link page you will not get a serial number. But if you Bought DS from the Store the serial number will be added to your account. Either way it can be fixed. Just got to your Itemized Order History and RESET the DS4.5 download that will get the Serial added to your account. AS soon as it is generated that is.

edited December 1969

Thanks Geoff :)

edited December 1969

I just reset the Itemised order history. It's only a matter of time for the serial number to be generated, I guess. Thanks!

• GSCookiemomGSCookiemom Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I have a serial number and it STILL doesn't work. I have entered it as an Admin, I have copy/pasted, I have typed it, and nothing works. I can't use the program without the serial number. I sent in a help ticket, but this is incredibly frustrating.

edited December 1969

I have never heard of anyone getting a serial number that just doesn't work, in theory it should work.

You appear to have done all the things I would have suggested. I take it we are talking about DAZ Studio here, and version 4.5.1.56?

Where are you entering the number, and more importantly, where did you get it from? If you have other serials in your account, are you sure that you are using the correct one?

DAZ Stio should still run I think, but only as the Standard version, and it will say either 'Standard' or 'Pro' in the title bar.

• biancafourie69biancafourie69 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

HI , exactly the same thing happened to me!

edited December 1969

This thread is two months old :)

Can you please give some details as asked in my previous post in this thread. What version of DS, where did you get it, whrere are you entering the serial etc etc.

• adx9000adx9000 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

can you just show me the serial number of daz 3d studio pro

edited December 1969

adx9000 said:

If you bought DS4.6 Pro through the Store here, you will have a Serail Number for it in your My Account area.

If you got it somewhere else, I would suggest buying it (for free) through the store here, and then it will be a registered copy.

edited December 1969

Are you SURE you installed DS4.6? or DS4.5 (should be 6 if you just got it). As said DS should open and run without a serial but not in PRO mode. The serial only on-locks the pro features. If it does not open at all you may have installed a Plugin and not DS.

Capture1.png
    693 x 194 - 27K
    edited December 1969

adx9000 said:
    No we can not, each serial number is for that USER only. Look in My Account (top of page next to Log Out) then My Serial Numbers. That is the only way to get the one for YOU. That or filing a support ticket with the Help desk. Use the HELP link also at the top of the page.
  • I tried my serial number countless times, I tried to paste,copy, type. I even reinstalled the it and tried again but no luck. I'm using Daz Studio 3,I thought everything would work out perfectly but I guess I was wrong. I have a Windows 7 (×32) and I downloaded one that would go with the programme. I'm so lost. Plz help!!!
  • I tried my serial number countless times, I tried to paste,copy, type. I even reinstalled the it and tried again but no luck. I'm using Daz Studio 3,I thought everything would work out perfectly but I guess I was wrong. I have a Windows 7 (×32) and I downloaded one that would go with the programme. I'm so lost. Plz help!!!

Which serial? If you obtained DS 3.x from Daz then it will be in your serial numbers page, https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers , though since I had the Advanced Bundle my serial has a different format from the free one but it will have a 3 in the first block of characters.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    I tried my serial number countless times, I tried to paste,copy, type. I even reinstalled the it and tried again but no luck. I'm using Daz Studio 3,I thought everything would work out perfectly but I guess I was wrong. I have a Windows 7 (×32) and I downloaded one that would go with the programme. I'm so lost. Plz help!!!

Which serial? If you obtained DS 3.x from Daz then it will be in your serial numbers page, https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers , though since I had the Advanced Bundle my serial has a different format from the free one but it will have a 3 in the first block of characters.

SDZFREE-030-and-aload-more-numbers