DAZ 3D Install Manager not displaying all content?

nyxerinyesnyxerinyes Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So, I uninstalled all my content then ran the Daz3D manager and immediately noticed that some items that I purchased from DAZ are not showing up even for download, let alone installation.

What gives?

A few examples of missing dowloads are:
Millenium Cat
Millenium Dog
Dark Places Bundle (None of these items show)

There are also some portions of the mech girl bundle not showing.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,513
    edited December 1969

Some files may have been missed. You need to file a bug report so they can get it fixed. https://bugs.daz3d.com

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,334
    edited December 1969

Last I'd heard, most items released earlier than Victoria 4 haven't been updated for use in DIM yet. Sounds like they're adding things at a pretty good rate, though.

edited December 1969

I believe they are still working on the pre-gen4

• nyxerinyesnyxerinyes Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh okay. Thank you. I didn't realize that not all objects had been included yet.

Guess I should read the fine print.

• XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

I too have begun using the DIM. My first attempt has left me confused. I purchased V4_Shoes_Pack. 2 because it was cheap so it was a good place to begin, The new installer created a new directory called MY DAZ LIBRARY but the shoe pack did not appear in the directory. However, when i checked the alphabetical product list I found this content under "V" and could open it in the Content Library from there. Curiously tho, when I right click on any of the shoes in side the Content Library and choose BROWSE TO FILE LOCATION I see the content in the MY DAZ LIBRARY folder, even tho I cannot access it other than from the PRODUCT list. Weird. ...I am also wondering if there is an alternative to moving old content around, something fraught with danger of losing some of it. Would it be preferable simply to delete old content and reinstall it as new content using the new DIM?

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Sounds like your new MY DAZ Library folder isn't properly setup as a DAZ Native/Poser format content pairing in the Content Directory Manager.

The "Default" recommendation is to start from scratch, but I chose not to and it's quite workable to install over things just takes paying attention.

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Sounds like your new MY DAZ Library folder isn't properly setup as a DAZ Native/Poser format content pairing in the Content Directory Manager.

The "Default" recommendation is to start from scratch, but I chose not to and it's quite workable to install over things just takes paying attention.

The DIM created the directory MY DAZ LIBRARY on its own. I cannot find the flaw as I have reviewed the Runtime files. In fact i manually reloaded V4 Shoe Pack in another folder I use to share Poser and Daz content to compare the two folders side by side and nothing seemed different between the two. I think I will buy another product and trace it and see if that will shed light on things. The V4 Shoe Pack is an older product I should think and maybe that has something to do with it (?)...regarding installing over things: it's that paying attention stuff that I worry about.

• TanithisTanithis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just noticed this with the 3rd Gen bases not being downloaded and installed. Odd thing is that V2 base was downloaded, can't find the installed files but says it was. Says I have 589 files installed but my order history shows 710 files so that is a lot missing so far.

edited December 1969

Not everything is converted yet. Check every couple days. More and more are added daily.

edited December 1969

Tanithis said:
    Just noticed this with the 3rd Gen bases not being downloaded and installed. Odd thing is that V2 base was downloaded, can't find the installed files but says it was. Says I have 589 files installed but my order history shows 710 files so that is a lot missing so far.

Did you check the PRODUCT list? Like you, I am informed that the product installed but it only can be located in the PRODUCTS list! From there I can open and use the content but that is not going to work in the long run.

edited December 1969

Also check to be sure you have all categories selected. Click on the cog wheel in the upper right hand corner of DIM and select the downloads tab and check off all the boxes.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

At least 32 new items of content showed up today for me.

• achimsachims Posts: 76
    edited February 2013

Tanithis said:

Well, as some Content has more then 1 File (e.g.: Clothing XY for Genesis + Clothing XY for Genesis PoserrCF), it's hard to tell
    how many "Products" you bought aren't showing NOW.

And .... i see only CONTENT in DIM.

As it seems, Software and Plugins / Addons, Tutorials, etc. isn't recogniced by DIM, right?!

Just checked:
    Mil DOG is in my list, Mil Cats and Big Cats are not.
    Mil Sub Dragon is, Mil Dragon 2 not.

Post edited by achims on
    edited December 1969

AT this time plug-ins ..etc aren't supported in DIM

• EnerlaEnerla Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

When can I expect to gt Millenium Cat to install?

It installed 2 expansions for it. All other similar products I have, all the LE stuff I had before the normal Millenium Cat product, but that one doesn't shows as installed.