Texture template installation files

thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I know DAZ is busy with converting old product installers to zip files, but are there plans to do the same for the texture template installers in the future?

It would be especially nice if it was integrated with Installation Manager (which I'm very happy with so far, BTW), so that you can see a list of available texture templates for the products you've purchased and select which ones you want to download. But it wouldn't be necessary to install them (or maybe a separate directory could be identified in the settings).

Or, just making the texture templates on the Resource Files tab into zip files would be nice, too. Although I suppose that may leave them open to download without accepting the EULA?

But it seems silly to still have to use the old-style separate installers for texture templates, when they are really just a collection of JPGs with no directory structure. And these installers are even more annoying than the old content installers were, because you have to enter the destination path for these every time.

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I think they will be converted too, but first are the Poser and DS files, then maybe Bryce and Carrara and then things like PS brushes and texture templates that don't go into a runtime structure ...

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

This might be a dumb question, but after downloading and installing a texture template, where do I find it? (I'm on Windoze 7.) It appeared to have installed somewhere in My Library, but I can't find it anywhere.

I've decided to take the plunge and try creating some textures for some hair; I need some colors I don't have, and applying a shader to the hair removes all the detail. Simply changing the diffuse color didn't work either, so I figure this might be the way to go. If I can find where the template is hiding on my hard drive.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

You know, DAZ would REALLY do well to get rid of all the Template Installers, open an account on DeviantArt.com and post every last one of them there! I'll bet it would save them a tonne of money in Bandwidth!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    This might be a dumb question, but after downloading and installing a texture template, where do I find it? (I'm on Windoze 7.) It appeared to have installed somewhere in My Library, but I can't find it anywhere.

I haven't looked at any of these for a while, but IIRC the templates usually get saved to wherever the template installer is saved.