daz3d.com and DS4_GoZ_1.6.3.166_Win64 same ?

BeemBeem Posts: 95

So many questions from i newbie. I tried to fins the answers on net but it' s not easy. 

I have downloaded daz3d.com  and run in my computer.

Then i found something called DS4_GoZ_1.6.3.166_Win64. What is this ?

Comments

• I assume you downloaded Daz Studio rather than daz3d.com. GoZ is a plug-in - in this case for Daz Studio - that allows content to be sent to and receioved from ZBrush, should you have that installed.

• BeemBeem Posts: 95
    edited April 2017

Now i feel a bit confused. I looked in my Daz account. There is Daz Studio 4 for download.

When i open Daz program there is a kind of welcome image and there it saysDaz Studio 49 and in bottom  Daz3d.

Hav i understand you right:

GoZ is a plug in for Daz Studio and i must have Goz to be able content send to and recieved from zBrush. 

English is not my language and sometimes it is not easy to understand.

Post edited by Beem on
  • Yes, Daz Studio is the application. Do you in fact have ZBrush? If so you need to tell the installer where it is - are you using Install Manager or the stand-alone installers now?

No i don' t have ZBrush....perhaps in the  future.

Right now I'm busy  trying to learn Daz Studio. I had Install Manager when i fownloaded Daz Studio.

• OK, if you don't have ZBrush you can ignore GoZ. Similarly the 3D Photoshop bridge is useful only if you have a suitable version of Photoshop (not Elements).

I have PS CS 5 but can not get bridge to work. I think I'll deal with it when I can do more in Daz. 

Now everything is new and a mess in my head. frown