How to dock the timeline at the bottom ?

I haven't done much animating, and don't have the timeline time open, as it is after install, at the bottom of the UI.

Because of the Timeline size and dimensions, when I do open it, it's horribly in the way and I have to move it constantly to work with the other tabs.

I can dock the tab on either side, just pop it in among Parameters and Scene or something. but that takes up the whole screen sideways.

Dumb question, I'm sure, but how to get the Timeline tab docked at the bottom of the UI again?

Comments

• Drag it by the top edge of the frame (instead of the tab) to the edge of the window - when you see a line of highlight colour release the mouse.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thank you, Richard.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Whoops. Tried this, Richard. The tab will "snap" to the side of the computer screen via Windows 7, or I can manually reduce the Studio UI to make room for Animate2 Tab wherever, but it doesn't "dock" at the bottom of the Studio UI.

Tried six ways from Sunday. No go.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655

Make sure Docking/Undocking isn't locked in the Window>Workspace menu.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

I have DS 4.9.3.166 - 64bit and win7 it works for me. I finaly can dock my Timeline at the bottom.

The first time you drag & drop the timeline tab it gets undocked and a floating window. For the second drag & drop make shure you are clicking and holding down the top of the floating window not the tab title itself - I think this is what makes the diffrence. While draging the highlight orange line jumps around a bit unpredictable but if you let go the mouse at the bottom of the screen the Timeline gets docked there - see the picture.

I hope this will help.

Timeline_DragDropAtBottom.jpg
    743 x 562 - 127K
  • I have DS 4.9.3.166 - 64bit and win7 it works for me. I finaly can dock my Timeline at the bottom.

The first time you drag & drop the timeline tab it gets undocked and a floating window. For the second drag & drop make shure you are clicking and holding down the top of the floating window not the tab title itself - I think this is what makes the diffrence. While draging the highlight orange line jumps around a bit unpredictable but if you let go the mouse at the bottom of the screen the Timeline gets docked there - see the picture.

I hope this will help.

Thanks man, this was driving crazy until I found this thread,