Coming Soon...Light Tactical Vehicle (commercial)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that the Light Tactical Vehicle will be coming soon to my store.

Light Tactical Vehicle

Comments

• DarkEdgeDesignDarkEdgeDesign Posts: 488
    edited April 2017

Here's a couple more sneak peeks...

Light Tactical Vehicle

Light Tactical Vehicle

Light Tactical Vehicle

Post edited by DarkEdgeDesign on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Looks really good.

Can't wait.

• Nice work there; good detail on the interior too. You and @Mattymanx should team up on something.

-P

• Thanks! Here's one of the additional textures.

Light Tactical Vehicle

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,615

sweet!!!! the additional texture is what sells it for me, nice job!

This looks like a HMMWV rather than a LTV https://oshkoshdefense.com/products/light-tactical-vehicles/ ; I have a ton of HMMWV models from the games I play, but it will be nice to have a rigged DS version

is there an option for gear attached? up-armored?

Now we just need the miltary ACUs and tactical gear to go with it (hint, hint)

• Thanks for all of the comments! smiley

Light Tactical Vehicle

• 3CPO3CPO Posts: 164

@DarkEdgeDesign

Can we please have dirty winshields also, to complement the dirty body vehicle? You know, clear and maybe slightly smeard where the wipers pass and the rest dusty/muddy?

Great and realistic looking vehicle!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Beautiful detail, but it unfortunately looks slightly out-dated without including CROWS. Any plans for it in a possible expansion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CROWS

The US has been doing away with manned stations since around the early-ish 2000s, due to Operation Iraqi Freedom experiences: Terrorists knew to aim for the relatively unprotected gunners up top.

3CPO said:

@DarkEdgeDesign

Can we please have dirty winshields also, to complement the dirty body vehicle? You know, clear and maybe slightly smeard where the wipers pass and the rest dusty/muddy?

Great and realistic looking vehicle!

Agreed, that would be a huge plus!

Just picked this up along with the texture addon. a few impressions, first off great looking detailed model and thanks for the poses, very helpful!

When I went to d/l it I was gobsmacked at the file size of the vehicle, then I saw the file size of the addon textures, seriously?

I am finding it to be too resource intensive, probably due to the textures, probably the size and the sheer amount of slots plugged into the IRAY settings.  I loaded it and did a preview and it took 4 minutes to load the image. I then loaded up the texture atlas, combined the textures into one large sheet and while the quality went down a bit, it loaded in the preview image in 35-40 seconds. Makes me wonder if this is because of substance painter and how it does things

Also looking at the promo images and then comparing in DS, the scale of parts of the .50 cal are off from the real thing next to figures, just google and you can see many images of scale

i am going to attempt to create a scene with a couple of clothed figures and a background, but I have a feeling all this combined will choke my system, guess we'll see.

• I am sorry that you are having those problems, my preview load times are:

LTV = 5 seconds

LTV Outfitted = 7 seconds

LTV Green Dirty Texture = 6 seconds

For the believability of the mud textures this requires completely all new textures. I am sorry you aren't comfortable with my scaling, I take great pride in my products and modeling and strive for accuracy and good looks. If you feel something needs adjusting the Scale dial is always available! smiley

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited May 2017

I load the LTV Outfitted in 7.15 seconds.

Green Dirty Text in 6.25 seconds.

Quick 980ti render (1HDRI, 480 iterations ~80%, 2 min.)

@FSMCDesigns

The scale is perhaps 15% large. The M2 Browning is 72 inches from butt to barrel end. Handle lengths variable.

Attached screenshot of G3M and Browning.

Edit: Forgot to add: The M2 is a huge gun. The LTV is a great product. Wonderful detail and great extra textures.

LTV 1HDRI 2 min 480 ite.png
    1000 x 800 - 779K
    browning-m2-50-cal-03.jpg
    800 x 524 - 115K
    Capture.JPG
    905 x 442 - 51K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • Thank you Fastbike for that accurate analysis.

Well I found the culprit on my long load/render times, but it is still heavier than most other products I use, but with reduced textures, it is completely usable and a great and most needed product.

fastbike, thanks to the analysis on the M2, I agree, 15% less is about right overall, it was the hand grips that threw me off more than anything. Thanks to the scaling slider, it's an easy fix.

• I get the comment about the Remote Weapons Station. But if you note the chocolate chip paint scheme, you'll see these vehicles are kicking it old school. Besides, these are not the up armored models. You will find this model (the 998 or so?) in most motor pools. Even if they don't deploy. And no, they don't have RWS either. So these have a role.