hi can someone help me i am trying to get sweaty skin in iray

lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

no matter how hard i try   it keeps coming out like a mannequin  iam looking for this look with annagennesis 2 texture 

can anyone help me with that  thanks so much . 

iam trying to do it without buyin any sets 

cause once i add the annagennesis texture  i cant apply the wet shaders too it  cause then it covers the realistic look 

Comments

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

This guy shows how to do it step by step for free:

http://thinkdrawart.com/how-to-get-wet-skin-in-iray

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

ty very much  but  the only problem is    will it work after apply the annagennesis textures  thats the only thing  

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

It should. Sometimes I just do through step 2, which only includes very simple surface settings. These settings should have the same impact regardless of whether or not anagenessis is applied.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
    edited April 2017

I tried following the steps in that link but the dials he/she says to work with don't exist.

Glossy Weight is there but not Glossy Layered Weight

No Glossy Reflectivity that I can see

I also don't see Top Coat Roughness

I know my screen shot only shows part of the menu but I can read and I went line by line down the list and can't find these settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Capture.JPG
    351 x 1041 - 82K
    Post edited by DDCreate on
  • JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

Use the Top Coat Thin Film, starting at 162.

edited April 2017

Thanks JimBow, I noted that down. And I think I figured out where I was running into trouble. These steps are for V7. I was using a Gen3F Character with Gen3F skin maps. I tried a different model and then BOOM! All the settings are there. This one is a V7 character though not Victoria herself and the result is very good in my opinion.

Edit #7...Anagenessis does limit the controls. I added it after dialing the settings and lost the effect. I went back to re-apply and the controls aren't there. So I guess you have to pick sweaty or Anagenessis, not both.

Post edited by DDCreate on
  • Setting some properties hides others that are no longer applicable.

Ahhhh! So just look for the ones that are listed because those are the ones that matter post Anagenessis 2? That was the skin modifier I was applying.

• Yes, pretty much (you can make other adjustments to enable new options, but that would break the set-up for the product).