Mimic Live!

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I finally gave in and bought the Mimic Live. Where is it??? I looked in both the 64 and 32 bit. In 32 there is the Lip Sync tab...where is it???

Comments

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Should be added to Windows/Tabs I believe, much like LipSync.

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've installed it twice, and it's not showing in either the 32 or 64 under Tabs, nothing. I knew not to buy it. That's another $53 spent for nothing.

edited February 2013

Don't give up just yet! There must be a reason it's gone AWOL, and the installer must be putting the files somewhere.

I'm assuming it doesn't show up in the About Installed Plugins list. In which case I would try and find where the installer has put the files. The dll should be in its own folder, dzmimic, under DazStudio4/plugins. If it's not then do a search for the dzmimic folder, drag it to the plugins folder, and relaunch Studio.

Of course this is where the files should be in Windows. If it's a Mac I'm pretty clueless about that I'm afraid :)

Post edited by Dr Stupid on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

have got the correct installer for the build of Daz studio?
    I found with DCC and Decimator that the wrong ones were red instead of green in installed plugins and clicking on them got a message below that it was for an earlier or later build or the plugin failed to initialize,
    you need the latest studio build, either of 4 or 4.5 Mimic live should have an installer for each, and if an earlier build the plugin was often usually in the zip download for it, you add the serial.
    I do not have mimic live btw but had lots of trouble with other plugins for the wrong build, had to infact delete the earlier dll which the installer was not removing in one case and reinstall the later one.

edited December 1969

Ok, I UNINSTALLED everything just to be sure, D3, and ALL D4.5. And re-installed the most current D4.5 (64bit), and it's NOT there. THe dll IS in the plugins folder in (x86). But it's not listed in the installed plugins Tab in 4.5. In the Start button, it is listed as an installed plugin under the Daz folder. So where is it???

edited February 2013

HOLD the phone!! As I write I am re-downloading the newest and latest of everything. I didn't see before that there were TWO files for the Mimic Live, a 32 AND 64 bit version. I uninstalled every previous version of the main program ( I even went ahead and took D3 for the sake of confusion to the system) and plugins, and re-updating them all. I see where the file(s) end with 1.56...except the GenesisStarter at 1.11...

EDIT about an hour later: I installed only the 64 bit version (D4) this time
    Okay, there it is. Cool. Can't wait to bring my characters to life with this. Been looking forward to this for a while. Actually, I saved getting Mimic for last after I've bought everything else I could possibly need to create my animations. And I know I may have to go in and tweek it at certain key frames so it matches and so on.
    But I can see where I had to re-install D3 for the sake of Animate2 and a few other things I found on CGShare and Renderosity.

Post edited by texjones on
    edited December 1969

ok, I did a test run with Mimic. pretty cool. It's about like any other self-animated figure that responds to sound. But still pretty cool. And as stated I can seek where you need to go in a set key frames when the character speaks, so that his mouth and lips are correct for certain words. But overall, still pretty cool. It brings the characters to life.

edited December 1969

I was next going to ask you exactly what installation file you were using, so I'm glad you got it all sorted. I keep Studio 3 32 and 64, Studio 4.0 32 and 64, as well as Studio 4.5 installed since they are sometimes necessary for various products. Must admit I haven't used Studio 2 for some time though!

edited February 2013

I suppose the best part about the Mimic is that the eyes blink, randomly. That's something I would always forget to do in an animation, I'm sure. But the head movement needs better control, and I already learned be sure to start with the mouth somewhat open, or it looks like they're talking through the lips sorta. And I'm sure you can control the expressions if neccessary. So the next experiment will be to see if they can walk AND talk together.
    And yeah, I put back the D3 simply because the M3/D3 characters look better there than in D4. And they're easier to work with. One thing Daz really needs to work on, they've made it compatable with Poser but they NEED 4.5 to easily recognize D3 files better.

Post edited by texjones on