Basic and Common Pose Position Dials

ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Back in the days of Poser and V4 there was a pretty nifty product called Pose Magic Pro -- think that was the full name. After "injecting" it into the character, you then used the posing prop to adjust some dials for basic pose presets, such as crouching or leaning or turning. These were dial-based poses, so you could vary the amount, and mix them.

The Gensis characters have a very limited set of Pose Controls dials for different body parts, but they are only a minor subset of what was in PMP. I'm looking for something along similar lines that works in D|S and with the G3x characters. I tried to get PMP to work in D|S, but it doesn't want to comply. In fact, it didn't seem to want to work in Poser 11 either, but that might have been from forgetting how to use it. It's been several years.

For now, I've made my own pose controls out of canned poses and parameter dials via ERC freeze, but I'd prefer something solid and commercially done. Is there anything like this hidden in the Daz store?

Comments

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

So..if I understand, like the crouch pose control would at 0% be standing and at 100% be in the crouch? Would it basically be an animation as you move the slider from 1 to 100?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Does this not do what you need? https://www.daz3d.com/pose-builder-for-genesis-3

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

The dial wouldn't be used in an animation, but would allow a measured amount of "crouching." In the case of a crouch, it affects just the legs, so the upper body can keep its pose. 

I have an earlier version of Pose Builder for G2, and it doesn't allow for dialed poses. It's useful for what it does -- it takes portions of full poses and applies them to specific body parts -- but each pose is static and applied at 100%. I don't know if the G3 version is any different.

The purpose of the master pose dial that, like the very limited assortment that come with the G2/G3 characters, it alters a number of joints at the same time. A crouch might affect foot and toe bending, shin, thigh, and perhaps even pelvis.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

That would be cool, if it existed.

I like the ones that do exist. For example 'grasp'...moves all those little hand and finger bones simultaneously.