Which CPU is more beneficial for rendering: Ryzen 1700X or i7-7700K?

I just received my DVD copy of Poser Pro 11 and I'm already thinking into my next CPU upgrade. I've narrowed my possible chices to i7-7700K and Ryzen 7 1700X. Which one of those two do you think will be more beneficial for rendering speeds for both Daz Studio and Poser Pro 11?

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

I'd compare 3DSMax benchmarks.  However, both Poser's Superfly and Studio's Iray renderers can utilize the GPU, so you may want to consider a cheaper CPU and invest the money saved in a faster nVidia video card...

• AnryAnry Posts: 3
    I7-7700K is a bit better in older games, while Ryzen is superior in everything else, rendering especially.
  • edited April 2017
    WandW said:

I'd compare 3DSMax benchmarks.  However, both Poser's Superfly and Studio's Iray renderers can utilize the GPU, so you may want to consider a cheaper CPU and invest the money saved in a faster nVidia video card...

I already have a GTX 1070 and I plan to get a second one before I upgrade my CPU, so GPU is pretty much covered. I plan to build a second PC and will do it by upgrading the components of the present one piece by piece and assembling the second one with the replaced hardware. I plan to start with CPU, motherboard and RAM and the rest will be old components. Later the rest of the components piece by piece.

Post edited by l_riefkohl_ferrer_1923365ed0 on