modified DAZ martial arts aniblock

AnymatterAnymatter Posts: 95
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

just made a 2d game character( michael 2 as base) n tested using DAZ martial arts aniblocks. daz animate provides useful tools for me to readjust n modify the existing aniblocks to create desired movement, n this is how it turned out. oh, n a lil help from poser as well, currently not familiar with daz graph editor yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nez5mkYFStE

Comments

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,197
    edited December 1969

Nice work, and good to know M2 can be used with those aniblocks. :-)

I am curious, why a game character from M2 and not (say) M3?

• AnymatterAnymatter Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Nice work, and good to know M2 can be used with those aniblocks. :-)

I am curious, why a game character from M2 and not (say) M3?

thx! i would prefer older character, as we know they are pretty simple, less detail n therefore easy to animate/handle when in textured mode lol. i have a lousy pc with only 2++ GB ram and vulnerable to errors, especially crash issues.

edited December 1969

I see. I also used M2 for similar reasons for a while.

May I suggest Lorenzo Lo Res? (at Daz store)

He's lower poly than M2, or indeed any of the Michael figures. There are also some morphs so the figure can be altered fairly substantially. I am currently working with this character.

See here for an example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG55S3Lir4Q

edited February 2013

I see. I also used M2 for similar reasons for a while.

May I suggest Lorenzo Lo Res? (at Daz store)

He's lower poly than M2, or indeed any of the Michael figures. There are also some morphs so the figure can be altered fairly substantially. I am currently working with this character.

See here for an example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG55S3Lir4Q

nice, heard about lorenzo too, but i dont wish to readjust the cloth(made for M2) and fit to other fig anymore. lorenzo possibly on my list for future game char. i did some exp once by decimating v4 using free source prog (blender) , exported n did the rest in poser, bended perfectly, but fail to preserve morphs n texture.bad outcome. good job on yours

Post edited by Anymatter on
    edited December 1969

Thanks,

Agreed morphs and texture a problem without getting into editing the character (cr2) file. I went down that path for a while but decided for low poly animation (only) it was better just to use the skeleton of M3 and apply to a custom built obj. It does mean I have to model which takes time.

Animate blocks are great to work with.

Do you plan to expand your demo into a fight scene? I reckon those blocks look good with various camera angles.

edited December 1969

Thanks,

Agreed morphs and texture a problem without getting into editing the character (cr2) file. I went down that path for a while but decided for low poly animation (only) it was better just to use the skeleton of M3 and apply to a custom built obj. It does mean I have to model which takes time.

Animate blocks are great to work with.

Do you plan to expand your demo into a fight scene? I reckon those blocks look good with various camera angles.

thx for the support ! thats rite, i have a plan in making a serious fight scene with poser/daz, at least.... 2-3 minutes. modifying the aniblocks with daz animate n grpah editor in poser is not an instant process though, this demo which last only less than 20 sec took me hours to complete lol