ARGH! Looks like F5's armor has been hit by a truck!! How do I FIX this?!!!

DamselDamsel Posts: 374
edited February 2013 in The Commons

OK, does anybody have any idea how to fix the warping in the metal parts of the armor? Admittedly, this costume was made for M5, not F5. And the costume itself does fit. But the warping is so extreme I feel it's ruined this image, and I'm either going to have to substitute out the costume or somehow fix it and rerender. This was rendered in Luxrender with the Reality 2.51 plugin for Daz Studio. If it weren't for the warping, I would be very happy with this. //sigh

For what it's worth, I did fiddle with this trying to bring down the morphing a bit, which did help some. But I have the feeling there's a setting or something I can hit.

If you're wondering what the problem is -- okay, it doesn't really look like it was hit by a truck -- look at the belt, where the big metal circles are. They are obviously bent, so that they do look rather like hubcaps that have been mangled in a wreck. You will also see the same problem in the chest belt's circles.

warriorf5.jpg
1000 x 634 - 286K
Post edited by Damsel on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited February 2013

I think it would need to be fixed manually by making a clothing morph for your character and adjusting the deforming in a modelling package. Unless this product gets morphs for F5 that is. Not sure as I don't update stuff to regularly, hard to keep track.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Damsel, if you managed to grab Hexagon while it was still free it can be fixed in there through the "Send to Hexagon" option more comfortably. Otherwise yes, I'm afraid only external modeling software can do it. DForms might help on belts too too but they aren't a paradise to work with.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Richard posted a thread about fixing historical armour for V4, it might help:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10204/

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited February 2013

If you want to try adding a full-body morph to the clothing to make it fit F5 better, here's a tutorial by Dogz that explains how: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/188888/ (the whole thread is worth reading, but the link goes directly to the Dogz post).

For (possibly) an easier workaround, keep an eye out for this forthcoming product by SickleYield: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15492/

Warping or no, that's a great render! :)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2013

Take this for the highly imperfect suggestion it is, but this is what I would do in a pinch. Dial out F5 and bring up M5 hero to take out the distortion and re-render with the same settings. Then, in photoshop or another post work app, use the M5 image as a source to carefully and selectively replace the sections of the armor that are most distorted, either with clone tool, or by copying, pasting, and slightly tweaking the shape of particular areas, i.e. the circular bits. Technique will vary by how close the match is, and won't work for everything. As I said, far from perfect, but could get you there without going down a potentially more time consuming morph based route. Very nice render.

editing to add: I kind of assumed you have M5, if not, use another shape the outfit doesn't distort for. I think if you just got the circles straightened out, you could fudge them from that source with postwork and there's your great image. For a more encompassing fix, obviously trying to use one of the morph-based solutions above is better.

Post edited by Storypilot on