V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis question

Harry_2964Harry_2964 Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have a question about this plugin.

Accordingly to the description, it makes the Genesis figure 100% the shape of V4 or M4.
So poses and clothing made for V4 fit right to Genesis now. Is that correct?

Also how do I apply a cloth after installing the plugin. Do I still need this magnetize thing? Or does a doubleclick do the trick?

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited June 2012

The shapes are morphs for Genesis to make them look like V4M4etc. clothes still need to be autofitted or converted using the transfer facility. Charater morphs etc will need to be transfered using GenX.

Poses will still need corrections.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • rigax_d44fbc2346rigax_d44fbc2346 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

How to make correct installation ? I see the message - is an addon for genesis and they must be installed in the same location. I try install to "content directory".

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, you must install these to the same place that you installed Genesis to. The default location is the My Library folder in the Doucments area for Win 7.

What OS are you using, and what version of DAZ Studio, and do you have Genesis installed?

edited December 1969

Win 7x64, DAZ Studio 4.5, now i copied some files inside content directory, and installation go fine. Thanks for help.
    But now textures designed for victoria 4 not fitting correctly to victoria 5 or genesis - in some places remain standard texture, before installing V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis and GenX - textures fitting perfectly. Solution is removing these two products ?
    Morphs(figures) designed for V4(body, face) still not applying to Genesis or Victoria 5

edited December 1969

Genesis is mapped to take textures from V4, M4 and The Kids 4. To use a V4 texture, you need to change the UV Set in the Surfaces tab to match the texture you are using, then it will fit correctly.

You should not need to remove any of the shapes for Genesis.

Any morphs or expressions for V4 will not work directly on Genesis, or V5 which is a morph of Genesisi. You need to use the GenX plugin to use these morphs or expressions in any of the Genesis figures. V4 is a completely different figure, the skins can bu used because Genesis is mapped for them, but not the morphs, that is what the GenX plugin is for.

edited September 2012

I have GeX, how to use it ? (GeX listed as Failed to load - not compatible witch DAZ 4.5)

Post edited by rigax_d44fbc2346 on
    edited December 1969

GenX has not been updated to work with 4.5 yet. The update for It is expected very soon. I don't have th plugin myself, but I believe that there is a PDF document along with it to explain how to use it.

edited December 1969

Thanks, downgraged DAZ studio version and all problems are fixed.