Millennium Cat Transfer Utility Problem

JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
edited April 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have been playing with attaching Look at my Hair to figures using the DAZ Studio Transfer Utility so that I can render Iray animations with hair.  It's worked good for my first two experiments, but when I try it on Millennium Cat it doesn't work like it did on the others.  When I go to "Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility..." I don't see the scene item: Millennium Cat (see attached screen shot)

I was wondering if anyone has ran across this problem?

It worked in my experiments with  "Rodents by AM: Squirrels of Eastern Hemisphere" and "White Tiger for DAZ Big Cat 2"

SS_cat_transfer.jpg
960 x 518 - 60K
Post edited by Joepingleton on

Comments

• mikael-aronssonmikael-aronsson Posts: 546
    edited April 2017

No idea, but Rodents is a DUF, the tiger comes with DUF, the Cat is a CR2, so that might have something to do with it.

Exporting the mil. cat as an FBX and import in Lightwave make the rig go bonkers in Lightwave, but if I load the mil. cat and save it as a DUF file and then,load the DUF and export it as an FBX all works fine in Lightwave.

But I am just guessing here so might not have anything to do with it.

Post edited by mikael-aronsson on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,079

Transfer utility is for weightmapped figures. Mil Cat is not weightmapped, it uses parametric rigging. You'd need to convert the figure to weightmapping if you want to use Transfer utility with it.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited April 2017
    Leana said:

Transfer utility is for weightmapped figures. Mil Cat is not weightmapped, it uses parametric rigging. You'd need to convert the figure to weightmapping if you want to use Transfer utility with it.

Thank you Leana,  The information is greatly appreciated.

Converting the figure to weightmapping allowed me to use Transfer Utility with it Millennium Cat .  I ran into a strange problem when I fit the result to Millennium Cat, everything lines up but the feet (see attached screenshot "SS_cat_transfer_fit"). It all lines up good until I fit it to Millennium Cat (see attached screenshot "SS_cat_transfer_nofit").  I have tried a bunch of the different options in Transfer Utility, but keep getting this result.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? or has anyone else experienced the same problem?

SS_cat_transfer_fit.jpg
    960 x 520 - 77K
    SS_cat_transfer_nofit.jpg
    960 x 520 - 77K
  • Make sure the cat's pose is zeroed when you export the hair OBJ.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

I did actually create a legacy rigged LAMH exported object for the MilCat, its a cr2 by using the figure set up tools and borrowing its skeleton so you can do it that way too.

edited April 2017

Make sure the cat's pose is zeroed when you export the hair OBJ.

Thank you Richard, The information is greatly appreciated.

Zeroing the character fixed the problem.  I was able to animate Millennium Cat using the DAZ Millennium Cat Long hair Look at my Hair preset  [ http://www.furrythings.com/presets-animals/ ].

There is now a strange problem with the hair in the arm pits (leg pits?) and rear end.  You can see them in the animated sample below.  It only seems to show up when I animate the figure. Any tips or ideas on what may be causing it?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

the polygons are being stretched between more than one bone.

weightpainting could fix or I just use the geometry editor to select hide and delete them as has enough other fur

edited April 2017
    th3Digit said:

the polygons are being stretched between more than one bone.

weightpainting could fix or I just use the geometry editor to select hide and delete them as has enough other fur

Thank you th3Digit, The information is greatly appreciated.

I suspected it might be a weightmapping issue.  I tried a version with short hair and it's not as noticable. Time to learn more about weightpainting ;)