Roamer Bot, New from the AntFarm [Commercial]

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
edited April 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I wanted to finish off the sale with something I love, Robots! No not in the creepy way. Man try and so some feelings and society slams you down.

But seriously I hope you like this guy.

https://www.daz3d.com/roamer-bot

Pop6.jpg
3100 x 1530 - 2M
Pop2.jpg
1530 x 2100 - 1M
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

I like. I like.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited April 2017

One of your most realistic! For a humanoid robot, this looks very good.

Any possibility you might do some Terminator-style geo-grafted robotic limbs for the Genesis 3 range in the future? The ones for this model have a nice industrial look to them.

EDIT: Does this have Iray textures or is it 3Delight-only?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Thanks! I do need to do a genesis three geo -Limb and Iray is base texture.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

This has to be one of your best.

• Seriously cool

Thanks Josh, and Joe.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,515

Wow!. In my cart.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,515

I only joined late 2016 and  your making me think about applying for food stamps! 

AntFarm.JPG
    1276 x 280 - 38K

Sorry and Thanks! The worst part is I have so many other ideas!!!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,894

Any plans on releasing additional textures for Roamer?

I'd like to do an add on, the usual is military and law enforcement textures. Maybe an alternate head.You have any ideas you want to add I'm open.

At a first pass, it'd be nice if some of the logos were on decals or layers so they were easier to change. Not sure how easy that is to make as distributable shader stuff on your end.

Also the usual clean/dirty options, maybe?

It would be nice to have overlays (either actual Diffuse Overlay or LIE layers or ... whatever), so you could quickly have, say, brushed steel with painted yellow bits. or brushed steel with painted blue bits. Or copper with the same previous bit options. Or...

(I tend to think from a tinkering point of view)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

I won't judge you for loving robots in a non creepy way...everyone needs a little love, even robots.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

How did I miss this this thread?! Your bot head is a main character in my story. (see the sig).

Couldn't believe there is more. I was struggling with an unrigged body and decided on humanoid. 

So incredibly happy you added a body. Would love to see actual body variations..

Field soldier with enclosed frame and bulkier body and sniper version with slender build but something super-top heavy on the shoulder....

And one of those massively long rifles...

Urban pacification unit- much like a militarized trooper force and of course

vehicles for them to roam around in....

I love your products and have been collecting them all. 

AntMan said:

I'd like to do an add on, the usual is military and law enforcement textures. Maybe an alternate head.You have any ideas you want to add I'm open.

How about an alternate Bladed hand of some kind?

AVXP I enjoyed the Graphic novel very much thanks for the link, now make the movie version!

As always some good ideas and yes decals can be layers, so good input there.

Hey AntMan,

Would you think me a jerk if I pointed out that you broke your own product convention with this release putting him in a folder called, "Figure" instead of "Figures" as with the Humpback Whale. I'm moving the two products into "Figures," so no biggie to me. Just you might want to updated that for consistency if you ever hacve cause to update either of these products.

I really love this guy! i'm already on a 360 battle scene with him. Thanks very much for the cloth and weapon addon. Very cool indeed! Addon textures would be an insta buy for me.

Here's the Roamer bot in a different style (also mostly different textures)

Robot Conclave.png
    1748 x 1080 - 2M

No it should be "Figures" I will let DAZ know I have no idea how that got passed the testers???? Thanks.

WT, neat shot of the bot and cool filter.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited April 2017

My 2nd go with 'him', this time with teh robot as the main figure:

Drifting.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1023K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    AntMan said:

I snapped him up immediately, and I'd grab those add-ones just as quickly. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

SimonJM Nice! Thanks for sharing.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,552

Sweet!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Can you use any poses from say m4/Genesis or one of the other generations on him?

I have not tried that. I did not build him on that rig so I am guessing it would be funky at best.