Rodent Base by AM, Squirrels of Eastern Hemisphere, Props and Poses [Commercial]

For several months I've been building the foundations for my future line of animal models. They are polymorph bases which rely on solid topology, efficient UV mapping, and plenty of morphs and controllers to allow the finest character posing and customization. First in the series is the Rodent PolyMorph and the derived Squirrels of the Eastern Hemisphere (five breeds: red, grey, prevost, red bush and gambian sun squirrel), with an extra Poses and Props set. I hope you will enjoy it.
As usual many thanks to my dear friend Shozai for helping me out with the promo's!

https://www.daz3d.com/rodents-by-am-polymorph
http://www.daz3d.com/rodents-by-am-squirrels-of-eastern-hemisphere
https://www.daz3d.com/rodents-by-am-squirrel-props-and-poses

Here an updated video tutorial showing how to render squirrels (and any LAMH based character) with Iray:

1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 606K
2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 862K
3.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 381K
4.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 764K
5.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 505K
Post edited by DAZ_Bcreek1 on

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited April 2017

Promo images round 2...

6.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 814K
    7.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 878K
    8.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 977K
    9.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 417K
    10.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 765K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Promo images round 3...

11.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 220K
    12.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 269K
    13.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 779K
    14.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 783K
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Those Squirrels can sure leap - these 3 produces flew straight into my cart as soon as I saw them. Already have an idea for that red squirrel smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I don't recognize any of these squirrels. Will there be a pack for the Western Hemisphere soon? What other rodents are planned?

• barbult said:

I don't recognize any of these squirrels. Will there be a pack for the Western Hemisphere soon? What other rodents are planned?

These are squirrels common in Europe, Africa and Asia. Next set will be with american ones (western hemisphere indeed, with Abert, American Red, American Black and Variegated squirrels).

Rodents planned:

Rats and Mice (already under production)
    Porcupine (about ready)
    Chipmunk
    Guinea pig
    Hamster
    Capybara
    Elephant Shrew (under production)
    Rabbit (under production)
    And a new beaver version

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I've been dying for your rat!!!! I'll need the Rodent Polymorph for that, correct? Tis in my cart right now, waiting for check out. 

• jakiblue said:

I've been dying for your rat!!!! I'll need the Rodent Polymorph for that, correct? Tis in my cart right now, waiting for check out. 

Yes indeed, all the rodents coming will rely on the Rodent PolyMorph base mesh!

Fantastic!

I don't think I really need a squirrel...but what the heck, I'll get him anyway cos you just never know. LOL 

jakiblue said:

Yes indeed, all the rodents coming will rely on the Rodent PolyMorph base mesh!

barbult said:

These are squirrels common in Europe, Africa and Asia. Next set will be with american ones (western hemisphere indeed, with Abert, American Red, American Black and Variegated squirrels).

Rodents planned:

Porcupine (about ready)
    Chipmunk
    Guinea pig
    Hamster
    Capybara
    And a new beaver version

Thanks for the quick response.
  • Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    barbult said:

Pretty sure the European grey squirrel is an Eastern grey squirrel which is originally from North America.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    Pack58 said:
    barbult said:

Pretty sure the European grey squirrel is an Eastern grey squirrel which is originally from North America.

That is correct, classed as vermin Invasive species here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_gray_squirrel

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Fishtales said:
    Pack58 said:
    barbult said:

Tree rats.         pretty tree rats, but still tree rats.    We like our proper red squirrels.   https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/oct/13/red-squirrels-wales-protected-military-style-strategy-ogwen-valley

• Fishtales said:
    Pack58 said:
    barbult said:

True.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited April 2017

Got em!!  :)  They are soooo much fun and look wonderful.  :)

"Don't worry.....I'll catch you!"

(Had to have AM's wonderful Racoon in there as well....  )

catch_you.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 758K
    Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • Got em!!  :)  They are soooo much fun and look wonderful.  :)

See this is the best satisfaction to me, i.e. seeing what you guys can do with my models. Great image and lighting, congratulations Kat!

• Got em!!  :)  They are soooo much fun and look wonderful.  :)

See this is the best satisfaction to me, i.e. seeing what you guys can do with my models. Great image and lighting, congratulations Kat!

Thanks!  They are great to work with.  They pose and render sooooo well!  Love 'em!!

Got the base (cos I need those rats!!) and I got the squirrel too. :) (I don't think I've ever seen a squirrel in real life!)

Thanks for the updated iray video too!

that is gorgeous!! 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Does.... does this new strategy mean maybe a new dog with a variety of breeds? Someday?

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Got to ask, for the folks on the Carrara side .... angel

Pretty, pretty please :

Will it work in Carrara ?

• Varsel said:

Got to ask, for the folks on the Carrara side .... angel

Pretty, pretty please :

Will it work in Carrara ?

I tried and it does work with Carrara (morphs too), no fur though of course, but there is a morph to inflate the tail, so it looks pretty decent...

• I used the tail inflation on the hanging squirrel. (about 27%)   The morph helped in DS as it gave the tail a huge, fluffed out look once the hair was added.  :) 

Carrara has a nice hair system so they should look really cute there as well.  :)

• jakiblue said:

that is gorgeous!! 

Thanks!  :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

I was not thrilled with poly base plus specific breeds plus pose and props. Sheesh.

Then I put it all in my cart and saw how little it all added up to. Holy poo. Very worth it

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

straight into the cart. with a big smile.  :)

the squirrels look great, but i'm *really* in it for the impending rats.  hope to see them in the shop soon!

j

• There are skid-marks on my mousepad from how fast the mouse moved to put these in the cart.  Love the line-up, but really, really, really hoping for a hedgehog, and not just a porcupine!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    barbult said:

Rodents planned:

Porcupine (about ready)
    Chipmunk
    Guinea pig
    Hamster
    Capybara
    And a new beaver version

Relieved to see there are chipmunks listed but the other resident of my yard is missing, please include a flying squirrel. They are tiny creatures with huge eyes and extremely dense soft fur.

• barbult said:

Rodents planned:

Porcupine (about ready)
    Chipmunk
    Guinea pig
    Hamster
    Capybara
    And a new beaver version

Relieved to see there are chipmunks listed but the other resident of my yard is missing, please include a flying squirrel. They are tiny creatures with huge eyes and extremely dense soft fur.

Oh you can bet the flying squirrel will land some day, promise!

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited April 2017

I was not thrilled with poly base plus specific breeds plus pose and props. Sheesh.

Then I put it all in my cart and saw how little it all added up to. Holy poo. Very worth it

Worth and better designed like this in my opinion Will, since the polymorph will serve for all the rodents line.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    Fishtales said:
    Pack58 said:
    barbult said:

Really? I have too many squirrels in my yard here in Florida(sad) and I think they are Eastern Grays. They don't have those long tufts of fur on the ears. That is why I thought those in the promos were different.

Squirrel.jpg
    800 x 800 - 577K
    Squirrel 2.jpg
    2988 x 2988 - 6M