Money Well Spent ??

I have Carrara 8.5.

I can purchase all this stuff from Daz for about $70 right now or I can purchase Poser 11 for the same amount of money. I enjoy working with animations and creating different objects. Which would you get if in my position?

Thanks 

Daz1.jpg
1366 x 768 - 85K

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

If you ever use, or think you might use, Carrara's 3D painting tools then those brushes are an absolute steal at that price (honestly, they are worth it at full price too), but I can't really speak to the posing tools as I don't do any animating beyond simple particle/physics/hair simulations.  The Pro Master shaders are really nice too and worth having just to take apart and see how a more complicated shader can be set up by someone who really knows what they are doing.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited April 2017

Similar to MDO, I enjoy the master shader collections for my use, but even more to take apart and learn how to make even more complex shaders.  I am starting to learn the ERC plugin now.  My first impression is very favorable, but I also think it is primarily useful for animations and for creating  complex figures that will be used repeatedly.  But people with more experience with ERC may have better information.  

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

I switched to Carrara years ago when I realized it could handle Poser content seamlessly (direct load from Runtimes linked in the Carrara browser), and that it had way better features for animations, especially large scenes with many lights, etc.  So I'd vote for Carrara.  I do have a recent version of Poser, but use it only for items that have problems in Carrara.  An example is a Steampunk Segway with Poser ERC for the drive shafts/wheels, which I can't get working in Carrara (even with the Carrara ERC on your list). As a final note, you might be better off sticking with one program and getting deep into its features (lots of features in Carrara), rather than trying to get proficient with two programs.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

I bought PoserPro 2012 when it came on sale in 2012

havent used it yet.