Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

6 minutes to 6

now you got me thinking!

great works yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks bunyip02 et Stezza :) 6 to 6 - that one's for the newzeelanduz ;0

nice painterly effect in that last one el Mr Bunyip :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,699
    edited July 2019

thanks bunyip02 et Stezza :) 6 to 6 - that one's for the newzeelanduz ;0

nice painterly effect in that last one el Mr Bunyip :)

Thanks, been exploring mixes combined with painterly filters

Vicky 1003 1 DAP 63perc 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited July 2019

There be Dragons.....

Dragon 1b DAP 53perc 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    edited July 2019

Toon Rooster

ToonRooster 1 FiltForg FotoSketch 1600b.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M

Continuing the toons - Tom & Jerry

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited July 2019

I have had a little bit of time, so got out TangoAlpha's Country Ford. I did have to strip it down a bit to simplify the scene. There's incredible detail in there that is amazing! The waves in the water are from PhilW's Realistic Seas for Carrara, specifically the Bow Wave which I trimmed down to fit. I don't think I am ready for Fluidos yet. The car is from Petitpet's Ranger Car and the people are my G3 characters which now include a mum who is driving the kids.  I have included a closeup version that was not altered with Dynamic Auto Paint and just has a photo background. Just trying things out and will have to paint in seatbelts at some point.  I wasn't sure how to get light into the car, so used a spotlight. A bulb didn't do it. Any ideas?  

Tim, if you see this, I spent a lot of time on a site called englishfords.co.uk to see what the fords in the East Midlands might look like. Yours was close enough to the area I need!

Because Petitpet's car is Left Hand Drive, I had to switch all the signs and the depth gauge in Country Ford so I could have it be for the UK.  Changing the plate and branding on the car was easy, reversing the scene was more difficult.

This has moved me on quite a bit, but I don't have much time right now and try to fit things in. It takes a lot of time to just catch up on all the posts and work that I see here and in other threads... then I go, bugger... wish I'd done THAT instead. Oh well, every post gets bookmarked for future use!

yes  Silene

Country Ford Scene 1250 180 copy.png
    1943 x 1093 - 4M
    Family in Car for Scene.png
    1900 x 1068 - 3M
    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Cool picture. I like the kingfisher on the depth board yes

It's not really modelled on any particular ford, but it uses standard contemporary signage, and the duckboards & downrange poles are pretty common features, so it should be able to pass for more or less anywhere :)

I have had a little bit of time, so got out TangoAlpha's Country Ford. I did have to strip it down a bit to simplify the scene. There's incredible detail in there that is amazing! The waves in the water are from PhilW's Realistic Seas for Carrara, specifically the Bow Wave which I trimmed down to fit. I don't think I am ready for Fluidos yet. The car is from Petitpet's Ranger Car and the people are my G3 characters which now include a mum who is driving the kids.  I have included a closeup version that was not altered with Dynamic Auto Paint and just has a photo background. Just trying things out and will have to paint in seatbelts at some point.  I wasn't sure how to get light into the car, so used a spotlight. A bulb didn't do it. Any ideas?  

Tim, if you see this, I spent a lot of time on a site called englishfords.co.uk to see what the fords in the East Midlands might look like. Yours was close enough to the area I need!

Because Petitpet's car is Left Hand Drive, I had to switch all the signs and the depth gauge in Country Ford so I could have it be for the UK.  Changing the plate and branding on the car was easy, reversing the scene was more difficult.

This has moved me on quite a bit, but I don't have much time right now and try to fit things in. It takes a lot of time to just catch up on all the posts and work that I see here and in other threads... then I go, bugger... wish I'd done THAT instead. Oh well, every post gets bookmarked for future use!

yes  Silene

Looking great, use of the bow wave definately adds to the scene !!

edited August 2019

Rock Isle

Rock Isle.png
    900 x 675 - 902K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Rock Isle

Awesome, love the skeleton crew on the raft !!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Rock Isle

+1  Just wish it was bigger. :)

Looks painted.  Can you share the general processes?

Rock Isle

lol... thanks smiley

Rock Isle

+1  Just wish it was bigger. :)

Looks painted.  Can you share the general processes?

yep,

after saving render I open the image in PSE2018 and do some post for the water edges around the rock.. then flatten all layers and duplicate the image. Then use a PSE2018 plugin called 'Akvis Sketch' on the duplicated image then do layer adjustments till I like the result.. that's about it. yes

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks!  Akvis is one that you have mentioned before.  Is there are "Stezza button" in the software?

Maybe I'll get it someday when I have time to do it justice. :)

Mooooo

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

yes  Silene

Really cool illustration look. So much more detail preserved than I’m used to in this sort of image, yet the NPR is preserved. Great job.

Rock Isle

Thought this was a soothing ocean scene until I looked more closely at the raft. LOL. Everything is wonderful. 

Mooooo

Where is Sockratease?  Painterly images float my boat, unless my boat has one of Dave’s bird skeletons on it. 

edited August 2019

Continuing the animals with wings theme

Horse winged 1 DAP 55perc 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    edited September 2019

Been a while since I done a Dino....

Dino 1 DAPRealism perc59 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    edited September 2019

Japan Gardens Water-colour

Japan Gardens 1 DAP perc57.png
    900 x 649 - 2M
    edited September 2019

very nice images Bunyip yes

Big Blue spots the problem!

Bus Problem for Majiko.jpg
    800 x 600 - 378K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Thanks Stezza.

Love the Mushie and the buses !!!!

edited September 2019

UB got me interested in doing a vehicle render. Explored how to use what is initially a photographic style image to NPR, used ToonPro & Photo Donut.

Car Sports 1 PhotoDonut 2 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M

gee 22 posts since I checked - this is  abeauty  - terrific effect

ha ha it took me a while to get it ;)

edited September 2019

Had to put together a render, but no time to finish my own models.  Here is a quickie with a scifi spaceship by David Brinnen and ForbiddenWhispers.

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-space-ship

Planet is just a sphere that I painted for continents and polar ice caps, then created two more spheres (slightly larger) for some clouds.  Sun is a sphere with the spiky modifier and a bright glow channel.  Stars are small replicated spheres replicated behind the sun (I cut out a circle around the sun so stars wouldn't shine too close to the sun).

In other words, here is David and FW's awesome spaceship with a bunch of spheres.

Spaceship Playing around 01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 268K
    Post edited by Diomede on

gee 22 posts since I checked - this is  abeauty  - terrific effect

Thanks !!!

Diomede said:

Had to put together a render, but no time to finish my own models.  Here is a quickie with a scifi spaceship by David Brinnen and ForbiddenWhispers.

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-space-ship

Planet is just a sphere that I painted for continents and polar ice caps, then created two more spheres (slightly larger) for some clouds.  Sun is a sphere with the spiky modifier and a bright glow channel.  Stars are small replicated spheres replicated behind the sun (I cut out a circle around the sun so stars wouldn't shine too close to the sun).

In other words, here is David and FW's awesome spaceship with a bunch of spheres.

Looking great, hope you get the time to add more !!

edited September 2019

Sci-Fi rules !!!!!!!!!!

HeavySuit 1 DAP 63perc Topaz 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
This discussion has been closed.