Pauldrons For G3M?

AdreanAdrean Posts: 135
edited March 2017 in The Commons

I like Knight of Valor for Genesis 3 Male(s)

But something seems to be missing.

Where are the pauldrons? I read somewhere that it is difficult to create one due to some mesh issues but G3F has some decent ones (which autofit terribly to G3M).

One of the reason might be the old "male things don't sell" problems but I'd be happy to buy if someone can make some good looking pauldrons that at least fit males (fantasy style a big plus).

Post edited by Adrean on

Comments

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995

Hi Adrean! I am glad you like Knight of Valor. I am the creator and I'm always up for inspiration. :)

Do you have any example reference pics of what you have in mind that you can share links to?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

Hi Adrean! I am glad you like Knight of Valor. I am the creator and I'm always up for inspiration. :)

Do you have any example reference pics of what you have in mind that you can share links to?

Hi, I wonder if you could perhaps address the problems I'm seeing in the promos that looks as if the mesh has some problems - the jagged shadows on the trousers and the oddities on the back of the skirt seen in the 4th promo.

Thank you.

• AdreanAdrean Posts: 135
    edited March 2017

Oh, hi, Bluebird 3D. Thanks for the nice set! It's one of the few things I actually bought and like during Mid March Madness.

Here are a few examples

imageimageimageimage

I think WOW is running on a quite old engine...so theoratically if even WOW can have some nice armor sets, Daz should have no problem to handle that. But male stuff doesn't sell I guess.

01.png
    400 x 478 - 343K
    02.png
    427 x 366 - 217K
    03.png
    1167 x 902 - 2M
    04.png
    750 x 500 - 836K
    Post edited by Adrean on
  • Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995

Oh! I just label those as shoulder guards. All of my knights, males and females, have them.

Are you thinking you'd just like to see larger ones, then?

I don't see any in Knight of Valor in the promo though. Still at work and cannot download until I got home.

As for the pauldrons...I would appreciate some larger and more fantasy-oriented ones I guess. The engravings, the embossings, the curves, the spikes, etc.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,815

Oh! I just label those as shoulder guards. All of my knights, males and females, have them.

Are you thinking you'd just like to see larger ones, then?

I'm also not where I can see the product directly, but none of the Knight of Valor promos show shoulder guards/pauldrons, and they're not listed as separate items in the product information.

• Perhaps a separate add on pack for American football style shoulder pads... At least for this specific outfit.

I don't specifically need that style of fantasy, and I'll be buying this outfit later tonight...

edited March 2017

The Blurst of Times said:

Perhaps a separate add on pack for American football style shoulder pads... At least for this specific outfit.

I don't specifically need that style of fantasy, and I'll be buying this outfit later tonight...

In addition, a morphable loincloth and perhaps...a codpiece lol 

Post edited by Adrean on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847

Hi Bluebird 3D,

I am always looking out for detailed armor. I purchased both of your Valor sets, to show some support. I probably bought you a cup of coffee or two. :)

There is a lot of inspiration that you can get by doing a search for armor at Google images. When the armor I purchase are lacking I add to them.

I will post two examples.

Rune 7 - Anastasia Outfit - Portrait - 01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 70K
    Rune 7 - Anastasia Outfit - Portrait - 02.jpg
    900 x 900 - 63K
    Supreme Armor Iray - Portrait 01C.jpg
    900 x 900 - 81K
    Supreme Armor Iray - Portrait 02C.jpg
    900 x 900 - 80K