Santo for M5, NOW available - commercial

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Revisiting our beloved, Santo, our original Italian boy-next-door, is re-imagined for Michael 5! Not only looking to bring him to Michael 5, we looked at how to make him even better.

His face morph has been re-sculpted and enhanced to look more natural. He also returns with several of his Michael 4 companions from the original Michael 4 and Genesis package, and includes many more new friends as well that are unique to the Michael 5 version. Santo also includes a slightly younger head morph so he can be used as a young adult or teen for your renders.

His textures have been totally re-mastered and include the tattoo option as well as the textures for the Michael 5 Genitals.

IMPORTANT!!!

Owners of Santo International for Genesis (including the genesis and M4 bundle) will receive a 50% discount on this product.

Owners of Santo International for M4 will receive a 30% discount.

New customers to Santo for M5 will recieve the normal 20% discount.

Get him here! http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/santo-for-m5

We hope you enjoy him.

Anna, Antonio, Jonathan & Terry

Promos13.jpg
650 x 845 - 267K
Promos08.jpg
650 x 845 - 298K
Promos06.jpg
650 x 845 - 226K
Promos01.jpg
650 x 845 - 283K
PromosMain.jpg
650 x 845 - 212K

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

A few more images....

Kyle_M5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 159K
    Santo_M5_-_Fabio_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 561K
    Santo_M5_-_George_emo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 251K
    Santo_M5_vs_David_3_comparison_b.jpg
    600 x 780 - 333K
    Santo_M5_Height_comparison.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 952K
  • chsmo69chsmo69 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Absolutely flawless :-P

He's sitting in my cart right now! Quick question-

I have the bundle, so is there a code available to use when checking out to receive the discount or will the adjusted total be shown at the tail end of the check out?

Many Thanks!

edited December 1969

The discount should be applied at checkout.

• chsmo69chsmo69 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

The discount should be applied at checkout.

I suspected that, but wanted to double check. Again, great work here... I've developed a Pavlovian response whenever I see a new item announced by you guys.

edited December 1969

More images I made while working on Santo...

Santo_M5_Luvinia.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 991K
    Santo_M5_-_Tyler.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 981K
    Santo_Promo_01b.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Santo_Promo_02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited January 2013

Good heavens. You went all out in rebuilding Santo, didn't you? That's a huge amount of work to put into a product that's not quite a year old!

Is that Julie/one of the tweens with him in the last image?

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Good heavens. You went all out in rebuilding Santo, didn't you?

LOL, yeah I did... and didn't mean to. I kept making and tossing out guys while I was getting more into zbrush. Then that rigging was something else. I did finally get one of the guys I tossed from Ashley M4 into the set... poor thing. Kept getting left out... but he's found a good home now.

That's a huge amount of work to put into a product that's not quite a year old!

And if you think this is bad, you should see the utter destruction we've done with Ryuu. o.O

No, just a random character.

edited December 1969

Kind of interesting to see the differences and possibilities with him now.

The first two are Santo M5 and Santo Original, respectively. I hadn't realized that there were some small but noticeable differences in how parts of M5 Genesis and not-M5 Genesis are rigged ... or something. I used the same pose preset on all four, and I could not get Santo Original's head and neck into the same position, even with the values the same. Not sure why or what the differences are, since I'm not a content creator. Also, I have no idea what's happening with the front of Santo Original's shorts, or why they ride up that way.

The other two are by way of an experiment for something else. Far right is Santo Jayce default with Short Body 1, and the one between him and Santo Original was me seeing what happens when you use the Petite universal on him. The combination produces a character that's 4'11", or more or less perfect jockey size. (...What? I've got Pixel Downs! The more jockey sized people I can make, the better!)

lossantos-1.png
    1291 x 872 - 859K
  • ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

It's a girl we did for V5 called Luvinia, which hasn't been released yet.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

She is pretty.

• JSGraphicsJSGraphics Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

I really should post a couple of renders. Though I'm a bit rusty on the rendering part.

edited January 2013

I really should post a couple of renders. Though I'm a bit rusty on the rendering part.

**cracks whip**

Back in your corner and finish that other stuff!

LOL (but not joking)

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited January 2013

vwrangler said:
    Kind of interesting to see the differences and possibilities with him now.

The first two are Santo M5 and Santo Original, respectively. I hadn't realized that there were some small but noticeable differences in how parts of M5 Genesis and not-M5 Genesis are rigged ... or something. I used the same pose preset on all four, and I could not get Santo Original's head and neck into the same position, even with the values the same. Not sure why or what the differences are, since I'm not a content creator. Also, I have no idea what's happening with the front of Santo Original's shorts, or why they ride up that way.

Well the conversion was quite a bit more than dropping a head on M5. I fixed the head positioning and adjusted the rigging so it's in line with M5. I learned a bit more about genesis than when it first came out, back then it was trying to get an equivalent character in Genesis as M4. With M5, I wasn't stuck with that restriction and I could work on things that you couldn't do as well or quickly with M4.... so hopefully it shows with a product that can be used as a base for shorter and teen characters, while keeping the rigging and posing enhancements of M5.

I did a pretty decent job with the rigging the short bodies... they're taking the M5 poses pretty well, since I had to have a crash course in rigging (thanks Blondie!).

The other two are by way of an experiment for something else. Far right is Santo Jayce default with Short Body 1, and the one between him and Santo Original was me seeing what happens when you use the Petite universal on him. The combination produces a character that's 4'11", or more or less perfect jockey size. (...What? I've got Pixel Downs! The more jockey sized people I can make, the better!)

Looks like the combination is making him float as well. ;) You could probably just scale the body down manually too.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Amazing update. I have Santo for Genesis, but with the discount this is still well worthwhile given the new material and improvements. I'm wondering, though, whether to uninstall the Genesis version and just have the M5 one (especially as I'm going to end up withsuch a confusion of options in Smart Content). I suppose only I can decide, but are there any compelling reason to keep the older versions, do you think?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817
    edited December 1969

Just excellent and I have already bought it. Thanks for the discount, too.

edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

Oh, OK! You released a version of her for the 2011 holiday freebie, right? Along with additional morphs for Ryuu and a V5 version of Star.

Looks like the combination is making him float as well. ;) You could probably just scale the body down manually too.

Yeah, I know. I just have to remember to do it at the right step. I keep doing something wrong -- I have no idea what -- and then I do scale and wind up with a bobbleheaded figure.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I have Santo International for Genesis and would like to ask how long the extra 50% discount will last, as I cannot buy him just now.

edited December 1969

I have Santo International for Genesis and would like to ask how long the extra 50% discount will last, as I cannot buy him just now.

I didn't enter the lengths but I'm thinking the normal intro period, like 2 weeks.

edited December 1969

I didn't see a thread for Ryuu, so I figured this was the best place to ask: will Ryuu M5 be getting the same sort of discount for people who bought the previous version of Ryuu M4/Genesis that Santo M5 got? I know there wasn't that sort of discount with Nigel M5, but he also cost a lot less in his introductory sale.

edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    I didn't see a thread for Ryuu, so I figured this was the best place to ask: will Ryuu M5 be getting the same sort of discount for people who bought the previous version of Ryuu M4/Genesis that Santo M5 got? I know there wasn't that sort of discount with Nigel M5, but he also cost a lot less in his introductory sale.

I'd rather not get into too much of his release today. Short answer there was, but everyone got it today. I had to step in (never a good thing), new customers are suggested to get it today. Also those waiting on a deeper discount on this or any of the new items for March Madness are suggested to get it as well... it's not going any lower than this for a while.

Ryuu is a total redo against the M5 UV so the work couldn't be justified for an extremely low discount.